BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Congratulations to the following Battery Creek High School rising seniors for being elected officers of the student body:
Student Body President: Shelly Houge
Student Body Vice President: Kierra Grayson
Student Body Secretary: Morgan Doray
Student Body Treasurer: Shelby Puckett
Student Government Advisor is Mr. Michael Thompson.
• BA summer hours, office will be open, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Fall sports pre-season practices have begun. Contact the coach (available on the BA website) or the front office at 843-524-3393 for more information.
• Sign up today! Beaufort Academy’s second week of summer camp for ages 3-6 begins Monday, June 16. BA is also offering Boys Basketball camps the week of July 21 for boys in grades 3-8! Camps are open to the community. Contact us at 843-524-3393 or visit www.beaufortacademy.org.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Last Thursday, Lady’s Island Middle School held its first “Parent/Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. The school would like to thank the following businesses for their support: Dangerfield Inc., Holiday Inn & Suites (Albergotti Grill), Moondoggies Cafe, Suwan Thai Cuisine, Fat Patties Restaurant, Madness Fitness.
• The 2014-2015 Cheer Squad will be: Skyler Rodriguez, Kaylee Gedraitis, Sara Correll, Dominique Barnes, Alex Macis, Faith Houston, Haven Washington, Katherine Larrow, Zaryia Coaxum, Aby Freeman, Madysen Shelby, Sydney Weiland, Quiana Butler, Keatin Reichel, Bella Gregory, Emily Merritt, Kirra Hantske, Janie Yoskovich, Hailey Hughes, Madison Wyman, Jackson Nix, Macey Mullens, and Laney Patton.
• The Lady’s Island Middle Orchestra is now accepting new students for next year. No experience needed. Students in orchestra not only learn to play, but also learn how to read music. If you have a student who is interested in playing the violin, viola, cello, or string bass, please contact Mr. Roedig, chorus and orchestra teacher, at 322-3168 or by email email@example.com.
What are teachers reading this summer?
• Ms. Corbet (8th grade ELA)says, “I am going to read a lot! One book will be ‘Kedzie, Saint Helena Island Slave.’ I have to finish ‘America’s Longest Siege,’ and I have ‘Goldfinch’ after that.
• Ms. Burvenich will be reading through the entire “Divergent” series.
• Mr. Rodeig (Band) said, “ I just started reading David McCullough’s ‘Path Between the Seas.’”
• Ms. Smith, (Behavior Intervention) is going to digging into “A Day Late and A Dollar Short” by Terri McMillan.
• Reading Assistant Ms. Alexander is reading “The Invention of Wings” by Sue Monk Kidd, which is set in Charleston.