BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• The Bloodmobile will be at Battery Creek High School on Friday, December 13, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sponsored by the BCHS Interact Club, community members are invited to come donate the Gift of Life.
• Battery Creek Concert Choir members performed at Whale Branch Early College High School for the Omega Psi Phi Achievement Awards Program on Saturday, November 16. Performers included Mary Rice, Brandy Farthing, Cheyenne Stanley, Macala Smith, Aurianna Birch, Jordan Wade, Kierra Singleton.
• Monday, Dec. 9: Thomas H. Horton, Jr. Memorial Scholarship 2013 recipient presentation, 2:45 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 11: College Financial Aid Workshop for parents of BA 11th and 12th graders, 6 p.m.
• All-school Coat Drive begins! The sixth grade is organizing the Coat Drive, which will run through December 20, in conjunction with FWDG’s 23rd Annual Coat Drive.
Registration for Park’s Spring I 2014 term is December 16, 2013, through January 10, 2014. The term dates are January 13 through March 5, 2014. Courses offered are: Introduction to Human Resource Management, Programming Fundamentals, Criminal Justice and the Community, Introduction to Fiction, Legal Issues in Healthcare Delivery, Agency Administration, Introduction to Computers, Principles of Accounting I, Social Institutions, Principles of Microeconomics, Introduction to Psychology, Quantitative Research Methods and Philosophy and History of Science. All classes meet on weekday evenings. Online courses are also available. Park University is a fully accredited, private four-year university with 137 years experience in meeting the educational needs of a diverse student population. Online graduate degree programs are also available. Current enrollment stands at 25,000 students nationwide. Programs offered in Beaufort include BS and AS degrees in Computer Science, Criminal Justice Administration, Management (Business), Computer Information Systems Management, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management and Social Psychology. For more information, call 228-7052 or visit the Park University office at the MCAS Beaufort Lifelong Learning Center (Bldg. 596, Room 212) or the MCRD Parris Island Education Center (Bldg. 923, Room 35).
WHALE BRANCH ELEMENTARY
• December 2 through 20: Winter MAP Testing.
• December 6: Progress Reports go home
• December 12: Kid’s Club at the James J. Davis Early Learning Center, 6 p.m.
• December 19: Third grade Musical Performance at 6:30 p.m., WBES cafeteria.