• Thursday, May 16: Middle School Academic Awards Ceremony, 8:15 a.m.
• Thursday, May 16: 1st – 4th grades headed to see The Little Mermaid Jr. at USCB.
• Thursday, May 16: Upper School Academic Awards Ceremony, 6 p.m.
• Friday, May 17: The fifth grade will perform the Latin play “Certamen” at 10:30 a.m.
• Friday, May 17: Annual second grade Dino Dig!
• Friday, May 17: Special assembly to unveil the 2013 Aquila.
• Monday, May 20: Senior final exams begin; Visiting author Jonathan Miller will spend time with the K-3rd grade students.
• Tuesday, May 21: Special activities for Walking Up to Next Year for lower school students; BA night at Fat Patties! Fat Patties will donate 10% of the proceeds back to Beaufort Academy
• Wednesday, May 22: Lower School variety show
• Spaces are still available for CAMP INVENTION at Coosa Elementary School. Take advantage of the Spring into Summer discount being offered right now. Register at www.campinvention.org or contact Karyn
Levesque at 322-6114 if you have any questions. Camp dates are July 8- 11.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• May 21-24: EOCEP Spring
• May 20: 6:30 p.m. Band & Orchestra Concert at BHS
• May 23: 7 p.m. Choir Spring Concert at LIMS
• May 23: 1:25-2:25 p.m. 7th & 8th Grade Yearbook Signing in Down Wofford Courtyard (Yearbook must be purchased to attend)
• May 23: 2:25-3:25 5th & 6th Grade Yearbook Signing in Down Wofford Courtyard
• May 24: 5th Grade field trip to National Cemetery for Community Service
• May 24: 2:30-5:30 p.m. Student Council Sponsored Dance
• The Lady’s Island-St. Helena Fire District is presenting a mock car accident to include law enforcement, coroners, EMS, a helicopter, and of course fire personnel on Thursday, May 16 at Beaufort High School.
Auditorium presentation begins at 1 p.m. followed by the exterior program at 1:50 p.m. Some 400 plus students will witness the results of poor choices when driving.
• Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Group of Beaufort County: Do you need help with Child Support, Custody, Adoption, Legal Assistance, Education, Healthcare, Drug Abuse, Mental Illness, Imprisonment, Medicaid, Childcare, Bereavement? Please join us: Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m. at Davis Early Learning Center; Tuesday, May 28, 5 p.m. at St. Helena Elementary School.
• Robert Smalls Middle School athletics complex dedicated in teacher’s name: The Beaufort County Board of Education unanimously dedicated the athletics complex at Robert Smalls Middle School in the name of Rocco Cavalluzzi, a veteran teacher who passed away unexpectedly in February.
“Mr. Cavalluzzi was a dedicated teacher at Robert Smalls Middle School for seven and one half years of his 24 years of service to the Beaufort County School District,” Principal Denise Smith said in a formal request to the Board from the Robert Smalls School Improvement Council. “The SIC respectfully requests that the Board of Education honor this request for an educator whose service was not only given in the area of athletics, but also in classrooms preparing students for tomorrow’s challenges, the mentoring of new teachers to the profession, and for serving as a role model for so many young students.”
TECHNICAL COLLEGE OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
• TCL names interim president: At its May 3 meeting, the Technical College of the Lowcountry Area Commission formally accepted the resignation of College President Dr. Thomas C. Leitzel. The commission then appointed Dr. Gina Mounfield as Interim President effective June 1 until a permanent selection is made. Mounfield has served as the TCL Vice President for Academic Affairs since 2007 and has more than 30 years of higher education experience.
Send your school happenings to email@example.com.