• Saturday, April 6: The Junior Class Community Yard Sale, 7am in the gym. All are welcome, please come and shop!
• Monday, April 8: Classes resume.
• Monday, April 8 through Friday, April 19: Soccer & Soap Drive. The Spanish I classes are collecting soccer equipment and personal hygiene items which will be donated to residents at migrant camps.
• Reminder: Registration for SAT Prep classes is due April 12. These classes, which begin on April 20, are open to the community. More details can be found at www.beaufortacademy.org or by calling Mary Trask at 843-524-3393.
• Save the Date: Thursday, April 11: PreK Author Night.
• Save the Date: Spring Fling and 40th Birthday Celebration: Sat., April 20 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be bounce houses, a petting zoo, games and food.
HOLY TRINITY CLASSICAL CHRISTIAN
• Tuesday, April 9, 11 a.m.: Members of The Parris Island Marine Corps Band perform for students at Holy Trinity.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• On Friday, April 12, Lady’s Island Middle School will celebrate military children and families by participating in a national event called “Purple Up! For Military Kids.” On this day, all LIMS students are encouraged to wear purple shirts with uniform bottoms in support of our military students to thank them for their strength and sacrifices for our country.
• There are flyers available in the guidance office for the Carolina Master Scholar Adventure Series academic summer camp opportunities for rising 6th-12th grades. Week-long camps on the USC-Columbia campus with adventures in areas such as aviation, robotics, forensic science, graphic design, computer gaming, law and more!!! Have your child stop by the Guidance office to pick up a flyer or visit http://saeu.sc.edu/adventures for more information.
The Beaufort County Board of Education today unanimously approved a five-year contract with Jeffrey Moss, the man it selected to lead the district.
Moss, currently superintendent of the 9,850-student Lee County Schools in Sanford, N.C., is scheduled to begin work on July 1. Board Chairman Bill Evans said that Moss will make periodic trips to the district over the next few months to begin familiarizing himself with his new position and to provide input as the Board develops the district’s FY 2013-14 budget.
“The board believes that Dr. Moss is an excellent choice, and we’re looking forward to working with him,” Evans said. “He has a track record of success in his two previous superintendent’s positions, and during our research we heard again and again about his ability to manage staff and resources so that students have the best possible chance of success.”
Ray and Associates, an Iowa-based firm hired by the board to coordinate the national search, received 122 applications from candidates in 42 states. The consultants brought 11 candidates to the board, which interviewed seven before announcing three finalists. Moss will have a base salary of $220,000.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC
• April 6: Affordable Pet Vaccination Clinic: Dr. Paul Barras will be offering a vaccination clinic located in our school library, 9-11 a.m.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
• The Technical College of the Lowcountry Foundation is accepting scholarship applications through noon Tuesday, April 16 for the 2013 summer semester. Classes begin May 20. For more information on how to apply, visit www.tcl.edu/foundation or visit the TCL Foundation office, Building 12 on the Beaufort Campus. Contact 843-525-8294 or email@example.com for details.
Send your school happenings to firstname.lastname@example.org.