• Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8: Interim continues.
• Monday, March 11: Sophomores will take the PLAN test.
• Tuesday, March 12: Beaufort Academy night at Fat Patties. As part of their Community Give Back Program, Fat Patties will donate 10% of all proceeds to BA.
• Tuesday, March 12: Freshman will take the EXPLORE test.
• Tuesday, March 12: Starting today, the first graders will take swim lessons at the YMCA on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the month of March.
• Tuesday, March 12: The 4th and 5th grades will host a Patriot’s Day Celebration at the home of Dr. Bobby Bell.
• Wednesday, March 13: Grades 1-4 will visit the Savannah Children’s Theatre for play rehearsal followed by a play production.
• Save the Date – Parents’ Association Meeting is Thursday, March 14 at 3:30 p.m.
• Beaufort Academy and the Thomas H. Horton, Jr. Memorial Scholarship committee are proud to announce the 9th annual scholarship recipient, junior Patrick Mazzeo.
Tom Horton was a beloved teacher and coach at Beaufort Academy for 24 years. In 2003, Mr. Horton passed away, leaving a legacy behind. His family established the Thomas H. Horton Jr. Memorial Scholarship in 2004 to memorialize his life, and commemorate his contributions to the development of the minds and characters of students. Due to his love of travel, the scholarship is designated to give Beaufort Academy students a chance to
participate in a summer study-abroad program. Patrick Mazzeo, the 2013 recipient, will be traveling to Rome this summer through The Brown University Program at St. Stephen’s International School to participate in courses on the history and culture of Rome, humanities, and Italian language immersion.
CAMP INVENTION at Coosa ES spaces are available, and there is a discount for spring registrations. This camp presents children with real-world challenges, allowing them to solve problems through engaging hands-on investigation, experiments through science, technology, engineering and math taught by Coosa’s own certified teachers. Designed to foster higher levels of learning while fostering critical thinking and collaboration, Camp Invention is preparing students for the future. Contact Karyn Levesque at 322-6114 if you have any questions about registration or go to www.campinvention.org to register. Camp dates are July 8- 11.
LADY’S ISLAND ELEMENTARY
• Thursday, March 7: 4 p.m., Baseball/Softball at Shultz Field
• Saturday, March 10: Daylight Saving Time, Don’t forget to set your clocks up an hour
• Monday, March 11: 5 p.m., SIC Meeting & 6 p.m. PTO Meeting
• Tuesday, March 12: 4 p.m., Baseball/Softball at BMS
• Wednesday, March 13: 4:30 p.m., Track at LIMS
• Thursday, March 14: 4 p.m., Baseball/Softball at Basil Green.
• Tuesday, March 12: Spring Class Photos
• Tuesday, March 19 to Wednesday, March 20: PASS Writing for 3rd – 8th Grade
• Friday, March 22: Uniform Free Friday & BoxTops Collection
• Saturday, March 23: Beaufort Twilight Run & Oyster Roast.
Send your school happenings to email@example.com.