BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Above & Beyond Basketball Camp at Battery Creek High School will be held July 10 to 12 from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for students ages 6 to 14. The cost is $40. Contact: Coach Youmans at 912-596-8938. The camp will include extensive training for beginner and advanced basketball players. All drills will be age appropriate. All campers will receive a skills work out check list, as well as a camp T-shirt.
• The BCHS SADD Club is collecting boxes of tissues for classrooms for the 2013-2014 School Year. All donations may be left in the front office for Mrs. Grooms. Donations are needed by August 5. Please call Mrs. Grooms at 322-5580/322-5582 with any questions.
• Dolphin Pride Marching Band Camp orientation will be held Friday, August 2, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. for parents/guardians, band members and color guard.
• Band Camp Week 1: Monday, Aug. 5 to Friday, Aug. 9.: 6:30 a.m.. to 6 p.m. Drum Major & Section Leaders; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., ALL Band Members & Color Guard
• Band Camp Week 2: Monday, Aug. 12 to Thursday, Aug. 15: 4 to 8 p.m., Drum Major & Section Leaders; 4:30 to 8 p.m., ALL Band Members & Color Guard. Students need to pack a lunch. No one will be permitted to leave campus during lunch or breaks. Reminders: Wear light colored clothes and sneakers. Bring a water bottle with your name on it. Water and Gatorade will be provided during breaks. Wear a hat and/or sunglasses. The use of sun screen and bug repellent will be to your advantage! If you use an inhaler or require an epi-pen, you MUST bring it with you to camp every day. Contact Ms. Brokenborough if you have any inquiries
• Summer dates for Camp Make & Take have been set for July 8-12 and July 22-26, 9-11 a.m. This is a FREE camp offered to northern Beaufort County teens focused on 3-D printer technology. Please visit www.beaufortacademy.org, or call 843-524-3393, for more information. Class sizes are limited, so register soon.
• Camp Eagle at Beaufort Academy is offering a variety of summer camps for ages 3-18 throughout June and July, ranging from Circus Camp, to different sports camps, to art camps, to SAT Prep. Please visit www.beaufortacademy.org, or call 843-524-3393 for more information.
J. Michael Bonnette, a native South Carolinian with broad experience in fundraising at the university level, has been appointed Assistant Vice Chancellor for Development at the University of South Carolina Beaufort.
Bonnette is responsible for directing all fundraising operations at USCB. Specifically, this entails managing major and annual fundraising operations to engage USCB alumni, Lowcountry residents and the corporate community in providing philanthropic support to the university.