BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Fine Arts Spring Gala: The Fine Arts Department of Battery Creek High School will hold the year-end Spring Gala on Thursday, May 9, at 6:30 p.m. Strings, drama and chorus will present performances. Admission: One can of food.
• Through Friday, May 10: The 5th graders will take part in the MCAS STARBASE Program all week.
• Through Friday, May 10: Teacher & Staff Appreciation week!
• Thursday, May 9: AP English Literature Exam
• Friday, May 10: AP English Exam; and PreK/K Mother’s Day Hoe Down.
• Monday, May 13: AP Biology Exam; Spanish I Class to visit Migrant Camp
• Tuesday, May 14: Middle & Upper School Variety Show; College Advising Parent Information Session for parents of Beaufort Academy juniors.
• Wednesday, May 15: AP US History Exam and
AP European History Exam
• Thursday, May 16: Middle and Upper School Academic Awards Ceremonies.
• Beaufort High School will be electing officers for the newly established PTSO at the final School Improvement Council meeting on Tuesday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. at the Beaufort High Media Center. There are four positions available: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. All those who wish to be officers either by attending the meeting or by proxy will be eligible to be an officer.
All of those who have signed up during our drive are members of the PTSO. We would like to see your support and participate in the election process. Questions: email email@example.com.
• Spaces are still available for CAMP INVENTION at Coosa Elementary School. Take advantage of the Spring into Summer discount being offered right now. Register at www.campinvention.org or contact Karyn Levesque at 322-6114 if you have any questions. Camp dates are July 8- 11.
HOLY TRINITY CLASSICAL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
• May 17: Last Day of HTCCS Preschool.
• Gov. Nikki Haley Proclaims May Teacher Appreciation Month: At a press conference last week honoring South Carolina’s teachers of the year, Governor Nikki Haley issued a statewide proclamation designating May as “Teacher Appreciation Month” across South Carolina. “When I think of a good teacher it’s someone who shaped you as a person. Someone who shapes our children to the point that they find that inner confidence and that inner strength that takes them into a job where they are constantly challenged,” said Gov. Nikki Haley. “That’s what I want to thank all of the teachers for.”
• Board of Education members schedule May 14 community forum: Five Board of Education members representing northern Beaufort County have scheduled a May 14 town hall meeting to solicit feedback from their constituents on K-12 education issues.
Board Chair Bill Evans and Board members Jim Beckert, Earl Campbell, Geri Kinton and Michael Rivers will meet with interested constituents from 6-8 p.m. at the Port Royal Town Council Room, 700 Paris Avenue.
The board members hope to have conversations with constituents about key issues and board actions during the first three months of 2013. They also plan to look ahead and discuss topics that are likely to come up at Board meetings over the next three months.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Sunday, May 12: From 3 to 6 p.m. A VIRTUS Training Class will be held. All volunteers must have attended a training class to work with the children.
• May 16: Chick fil A Spirit Night 5 to 7 p.m.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
• TCL announces end-of-year events: The Health Sciences Pinning & Recognition Ceremony
(honoring associate degree nursing class and physical therapist assistant graduates) will be 1 p.m., Thursday, May 9, at MacLean Hall Auditorium
TCL Beaufort Campus. The Commencement Ceremony
will be at 6 p.m., Friday, May 10, at Parris Island All Weather Facility. TCL is pleased to announce Major General Abraham J. Turner, retired career U.S. Army officer and former S.C. Executive Director of the Department of Employment and Workforce, will deliver the 2013 Commencement address.
Send your school happenings to firstname.lastname@example.org.