The Photography Club of Beaufort announced the winners of the semi-annual Fall Competition, held Monday, October 14. The judges for the event included local photojournalist Bob Sofaly; commercial photographer and IT specialist Stuart Lathrop; and Susan Laney of Laney Contemporary Fine Art in Savannah. Prints were judged using the criteria of superb technical quality, composition and interest. During the competition, judges shared their expertise and offered constructive critiques to photos to help the photographers improve their skills.
Russ Dimke’s “Study in Blue” was chosen as Best in Show.
Results of the competition are as follows:
• First Place: “Cattle Egrets” by Lynn Long.
• Second Place: “Rhineland Castle” by Rebecca Bass.
• Honorable Mention: Dick Hoagland for “Lion Love.”
• First Place winner was Russ Dimke for “Study in Blue.”
• Second Place: A tie between “Marion” by Al Heacox and “Singin’ the Blues in New Orleans” by Dr. Barry Wright.
• First Place: Geneva Baxley’s “Sandy Hands.”
• Second Place: A tie between “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” by Phyllis Kaupp-Seas and “Easter Egret” by Everett Gauthier.
• First Place in this level was awarded to John Wollwerth for “African Parade.”
• Second Place: “Katmandu Saddhu” by Randy Thompson.
• Honorable Mention was awarded to Sandy Dimke for “Old Mill Pond.”
The Photography Club of Beaufort, now with more than 80 members, meets at ARTworks, 2127 Boundary St., in Beaufort Town Center, at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month. Next month’s meeting will be a critique of their yearlong assigned subject: “Seven Deadly Sins.”
For more information about the club, visit www.photoclubbeaufort.com.