The Junior Service League of Beaufort (JSLB), started in 2005, concludes its third formal grant process and awards a total of $8,560 to six local nonprofits. For seven years, the league has supported local agencies by donating time and talent. This year, through the grant funding process, the league is able to donate over $8,000 to six deserving nonprofits to support a variety of programs.
The agencies selected to receive funding are all closely aligned with the JSLB mission to enrich the lives of women, children and families in our community.
This year’s recipients are:
• Child Abuse Prevention Association (CAPA) which will receive $550 in support of its Independent Living Skills program.
• Citizens Opposed to Domestic Abuse (CODA) will receive $1,850 for their Community Education/Volunteer Coordination program.
• Thumbs up Children’s Educational Center will receive $1,700 for their Exploring Science, Math and Technology summer program.
• Hope Haven of the Lowcountry will receive $2,000 for its Strengthening Families program.
• FRIENDS of Caroline Hospice will receive $960 for the expansion of the Child Bereavement Support group.
• Beaufort Women’s Center will receive $1,500 for its “Earn While You Learn” parenting program.
JSLB raises funds throughout the year and appreciates the continued support of community members. For more information about the league or how to sponsor an event, please visit www.juniorserviceleagueofbeaufort.org.