THA Group’s Island Hospice offers free educational seminars on independent living at home
THA Group’s Island Hospice continues its new Tools for the Journey year-long series of seminars, which began in October 2014. These free seminars provide families with tips on aging at home and living independently as long as possible. The next seminar, Quality of Life: Understanding How Personal Goals Help Shape Your Health Care Decisions, will be held on February 4, 2014 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at Grace Coastal Church, 15 Williams Drive, Okatie, SC 29909, and February 10, 2014, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Beaufort Medical Plaza’s third floor classroom at 989 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC 29902. Topics will include defining and assessing quality of life, and what this means for health care planning. The schedule for the remaining seminars is included on the following pages.
All seminars are from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. The topic schedule is as follows:
• Quality of Life: Understanding How Personal Goals Help Shape Your Health Care Decisions — February 10
• When Is It Time to Give Up the Keys? How to Start a Conversation About Driving and Safety — March 10
• What’s Up Doc? Preparation Prior to Physician Appointments — April 14
• Do I Have to Take All of These Pills? How to Handle Health Care When There Are Multiple Physicians and Medications — May 12
• Doesn’t Medicare Cover…? Understanding Different Resources That Are Available — June 9
How to Plan for Getting Older
• Talking Taboo: How to Have the End of Life Conversation — July 14
• Aging in the Home Costs WHAT? How to Plan Financially for Aging at Home — August 11
• Our Journey: Series Completion Celebration and Review — September 8
For more information or to register for the seminar, contact Jennifer Massey at 888.842.4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.