The Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the winners of the 2014 Civitas Awards. The chamber presented the awards during the Annual Meeting & Civitas Awards on Friday, May 30 at Dataw Island, which was another sell-out event with 300 people in attendance.
This event is an opportunity for the chamber to recognize and honor outstanding leaders, teachers, businesses and organizations who help make this community a wonderful place to live and work. This year, the chamber was also honored to bestow the inaugural Pat Conroy Palmetto Achievement Award to author Pat Conroy.
Lockheed Martin, in partnership with Hargray Communications, Beaufort Memorial Hospital, Plum Productions and 94.5 The Coast, partnered with the chamber to roll out the “plum carpet” for the guests. Photos by Susan DeLoach.
Here are the 2014 Civitas Winners:
• Chamber Ambassador of the Year: Lynn McCartney, Marine Federal Credit Union
• Tourism Leadership: Anita Singleton-Prather, ASE-Gullah Education
• Outstanding Employee: Tracey Robinson, Wardle Family YMCA
• Outstanding Lowcountry Young Professional: Stephanie Greene, River Oaks Assisted Living
• Outstanding Non-Profit: Second Helpings
• Community Stewardship: Harris Pillow Supply
• Excellence in Free Enterprise: Sea Eagle Market
• Regional Economic Impact: Heritage Classic Foundation
• Non-commissioned Officer of the Year: Cpl. Juan A. Garay, USMC
• Junior Enlisted Service Member of the Year: LCpl. Timothy J. Zawiski, USMC
• Military Citizenship: Lt. Col. W.R. “Skeet” Von Harten, USMC (Retired)
• Lifetime of Leadership: Susan Cato
• Palmetto Achievement Award: Pat Conroy