Another Home Invasion in Beaufort

BEAUFORT, SC (August 28, 2012) – The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office is investigating ANOTHER home
invasion that occurred at a Beaufort residence yesterday morning.

At approximately 11 am yesterday, Sheriff’s deputies met with a 28-year old female who advised that two
unknown black males had entered her home at Independent Mobile Home Park, held her at gunpoint, and
robbed the residence of various electronics.

The victim advised she and her children (ages 5 and 7) were in the living room when they heard a noise at the
back door. She then saw the two men, one armed with a handgun, come through the door. The children ran to a
bedroom and the suspects grabbed the victim, forcing her back to the bedroom with them.

The suspects then forced her children into a bedroom closet, ordered her to sit on the bed and threatened to
kill her if she called law enforcement. One suspect held her at gunpoint while the other rummaged through the
home. Both then fled, leaving her and the children unharmed. After hearing a vehicle leave, the victim gathered
her children and fled the residence to call 911.

The suspects were described as two black males, one tall and skinny, approximately 6’00”, wearing a red shirt
and blue jean shorts. The other was described as short and chubby, approximately 5’01”, bald, and wearing a
white shirt, blue jeans, and a white hat.

The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information to contact Investigator Cpl. B. Burns at 843-255-3426 or
the Beaufort County Dispatch Center at 843-524-2777.

MAKE THE CALL, STAY ANONYMOUS, EARN a REWARD: To report crime, citizens can call Crimestoppers
at 1-888-CRIME-SC (274-6372) or text the word TIPSC with a message to CRIMES (274637).


Previous Story

Vivi Verity: Beaufort’s sweetest new mini mogul

Next Story

What To Do

Latest from Uncategorized


ARTS Halloween Pumpkin Painting Workshop 4 to 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 28, The Social Betty, 204

Man found dead in Port Royal pond identified

From staff reports The body of a man was recovered from a pond in Port Royal