Photo above: The 2017 WIP grant recipients gather with several WIP members at the May 16 annual meeting. Photo provided.
Women in Philanthropy, a women’s giving circle and fund of the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry, awarded $56,000 in grants to six Beaufort County nonprofits at its annual meeting on May 16.
The annual grant theme was “Strengthening Options for The Elderly.”
Grant recipients, and their supported programs, included:
• Second Helpings: Healthy Food Initiatives, $5,000
• Sandalwood Community Food Pantry: Totes for Love for Seniors, $7,000
• YMCA of Beaufort County: Senior Shape Up , $8,500
• Lowcountry Legal Volunteers: Senior Legal Assistance, $9,000
• HELP of Beaufort: Mobile Meals, $10,800
• Meals on Wheels for Bluffton/Hilton Head: Meal delivery, $15,700
Women in Philanthropy is dedicated to promoting the power of collective giving, engaging and inspiring women along their philanthropic path, and supporting new approaches to address community needs.
Over the past 10 years, members have built an endowment of nearly $1 million and have awarded almost $360,000 in grants to Beaufort County 501(c)(3) organizations.
For more information, call 843-681-9100.