Jeffery L. White, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Beaufort Memorial Hospital will be the guest speaker for the Lady’s Island Business and Professional Association meeting to be held on Tuesday, January 8 at 8 a.m. in the Beaufort Realtors Headquarters (located in the Palmetto Business Park on Lady Island Drive). The meeting is open to the public.
Mr. White arrived in Beaufort in 1992 and assumed the position of Chief Financial Officer of Beaufort Memorial Hospital. At that time, the hospital possessed a 99 bed acute care capacity which has since grown to a 197 acute care bed capacity increasing its annual revenue by 578%. During the period 1996 to 2000, Mr. White served as both the Chief Executive Officer of Low Country General Hospital in Ridgeland and CFO of Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
Prior to his arrival in Beaufort, White’s professional career included serving as an administrator and comptroller for Ramsey Health Care Inc. in New Orleans, La., and Fayetteville, N.C. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the U. S. Army. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in accounting from Wofford College and also another Bachelor of Arts degree in the field of accounting from Methodist College and a Master of Science in Administration from Central Michigan University.
Mr. White has been requested to include in his discussion with our members the following.
• Impact of the Affordable Care Act on the operation of Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
• Rational for Beaufort Memorial establishing community sited primary care facilities.
• Will the Affordable Care Act improve the reimbursement rate for the charity and indigent care provided as a community hospital?
• Status of the Beaufort Memorial project to improve its use of information technology.
• Long range vision for Beaufort Memorial Hospital