• Second Saturday Movie: We will be showing a newly released film on the big screen. Refreshments will be provided at no extra charge on Saturday, November 8, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott St., Beaufort, SC 29902
Contact: Stacey Inman, 843-255-6458, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Learn How to Crochet: Class will cover intro to crochet basics, stitches and terminology, step by step instructions, easy beginner projects and free patterns and yarn to start. Registration required. Saturday, November 8, at 2 p.m. at the Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott St., Beaufort.
• The Basics of Hospice Care: Join Agape Senior for their informative presentation on what hospice can do for you and your family on Monday, November 10, 3 to 4 p.m. at the Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott St., Beaufort, SC 29902. Free. Contact: Stacey Inman, 843-255-6458, email@example.com.
• Poison Pen Mystery Book Club: Enjoy a discussion of mysteries over refreshments. For November, we’re reading “A Morbid Taste for Bones” by Ellis Peters. In the remote Welsh mountain village of Gwytherin lies the grave of Saint Winifred. Now, in 1137, the ambitious head of Shrewsbury Abbey has decided to acquire the sacred remains for his Benedictine order. Native Welshman Brother Cadfael is sent on the expedition to translate and finds the rustic villagers of Gwytherin passionately divided by the Benedictine’s offer for the saint’s relics. Canny, wise, and all too wordly, he isn’t surprised when this taste for bones leads to bloody murder. The leading opponent to moving the grave has been shot dead with a mysterious arrow, and some say Winifred herself held the bow. Brother Cadfael knows a carnal hand did the killing. But he doesn’t know that his plan to unearth a murderer may dig up a case of love and justice…where the wages of sin may be scandal or Cadfael’s own ruin. Monday, November 10, 6 to 7 p.m., Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott St., Beaufort, SC. Contact: Ann Cox, 843-255-6458, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Beaufort Book Club: The group will be discussing “Wave: A Memoir” by Sonali Deraniyagala on Thursday, November 20 at 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott St.