The Technical College of the Lowcountry will host three free financial aid workshops in February for any and all college-bound students. Events are as follows:
• New River Campus: Thursday, Feb. 20, 5 to 7 p.m., 100 Community College Dr., Bluffton;
• Beaufort Campus: Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Building 12, 921 Ribaut Road.
The “College Goal South Carolina” workshop is designed to help all college-bound students — not just those planning to attend TCL — and their families with the financial aid application process and will provide assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application is the first step to receiving federal aid at college, and it is a requirement for most college students who plan to pay for college with the help of grants, work study funds, student loans and scholarships.
Participants should plan to bring the following:
• Social Security Number
• Alien Registration Number, if applicable
• You or your parent(s)’/guardian(s)’ most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned
• Federal Student Aid PIN to sign electronically (visit www.pin.ed.gov to get one).
For complete details, please visit www.collegegoalsc.org or contact Ashley Faubion, TCL Admissions Manager, at 843-470-8405 or email@example.com.