Port Royal Sound Foundation’s Maritime Center will feature special talks Thursday, November 6, as they continue celebrating their grand opening. These free talks will offer a glimpse of the Maritime Center’s future programming. Throughout the day, 30 – 45 minute presentations will be given by some local experts in various fields. There’s a little something for almost everyone. Arrive early to guarantee a seat.
• 10 a.m.: Lowcountry Photography: World-class photographer Eric Horan will speak about capturing all the beauty the Lowcountry has to offer.
• 11 a.m.: Landscape & Gardening (with a Sound Mind): Curious about landscaping and gardening in the Lowcountry? Get answers from Michael Brock, Mark Dixon and Laura Lee Rose.
• 2 p.m.: Large Predators of the Sound: Ever been in the Port Royal Sound and wonder what was swimming right under your feet? David Harter, President of Hilton Head Island Sportfishing Club, will discuss many of the large creatures that call Port Royal Sound home.
• 3 p.m.: Welcome Home Carolina Snowball: Carolina Snowball has returned to Port Royal Sound thanks to the hard work of longtime fan Kevin Vanacore. Come enjoy Kevin tell the epic tale of this albino dolphin, how she influenced the protection of all our beautiful sea mammals and how 50 years later she returned to the Sound.
• 4 p.m.: Catch & Cook: Learn how to collect and cook your own seafood with Craig Reaves of Sea Eagle Market.
Also scheduled this month:
• Eco Tours: Thursday, Nov. 13 Captain Amber will be here with her boat, Spartina. Get up close and personal with the amazing creatures found in the waterways of the Port Royal Sound.
• Family Fun Day: Saturday, Nov. 22 will be a day to bring the whole family to the Maritime Center for arts & crafts, a display of ancient fossils found in the Sound, an array of Lowcountry animals, casting demonstrations and more.