BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Battery Creek High School will recognize the Boys Basketball Region Championship teams of 2001, 2005, 2009,2010 at the BC vs. Beaufort basketball game on Friday, December 5.
• Battery Creek High School Fine Arts Department Winter Gala will be held Thursday, December 4, at 6:30 p.m. at John J. McVey Performing Arts Center. Admission is free, but canned goods will be accepted for local charities. Participants: BCHS Concert Band, Chorus, Drama Department, Strings Orchestra, and Visual Arts.
• The Battery Creek High School Interact Club is sponsoring a blood drive for The Lowcountry Blood Alliance on December 10, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Community members are invited to come donate the gift of life, and to help re-build the blood supply. The Battery Creek High School Interact Club is sponsored by the Sea Island Rotary Club, and the BCHS Interact Club Advisor is Mrs. Martha Sette.
• This year Battery Creek High School will once again support the Furniture Warehouse Coat Drive. The coat drive runs until December 31. New or gently used coats and jackets, as well as caps are needed for all ages, both male and female.
• Toys for Tots: Sponsored by the MCJROTC and the SADD Club. Any new, unwrapped toy for ages 1 to 12 can be dropped off in the MCJROTC office or in Mrs. Grooms’ office by December 16. Board games, school supplies, stuffed animals, and puzzles are good items to donate. For more information, contact Lt. Col. Ganas at 322-5606 or Mrs. Grooms at 322-5580.
• Six students from Battery Creek High School competed in the Special Olympics North America 15th National Invitational Tennis Championships, November 6-8, which was held at Van Der Meer Tennis Center on Hilton Head. Tyrek Byson, Jerkeithea Simmons, Tyreek Wilson, Antwuan Blue, Ashely Harbin, and Malik Witter competed and medaled in singles and doubles events. They were accompanied by BCHS para-educators Ms. Deborah Smalls and Mr. Ronald Eugene. In addition to tennis competition, the athletes participated in unified tennis events, socialized with peers from many states, watched a professional tennis exhibition, and enjoyed the food and accommodations at the Sonesta Resort. These athletes have been practicing and preparing for this event at the Dataw Island Tennis Club under the direction of Coach Warren Florence, a Special Olympics certified tennis pro.
• During the month of December, BA will once again partner with FWDG (Furniture Warehouse Design Gallery) for the annual Coat Drive. Donations are being collected at school until Dec. 19.
• As the temperature drops and thoughts turn to celebrations of the holidays, Beaufort High School Voices has just the thing to set the mood. Join us on December 11 and 12 at 7 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center at Beaufort High for the annual Winter Concert. This year’s winter concert will feature much loved favorites of the season as well as a performances from “Frozen” that are sure to warm the heart. This family friendly concert features the talented young performers of the Concert Choir, Women’s Choir, and InnerVoices. Tickets for this fun filled evening are $7 at the door or $5 with the donation of canned goods or an unwrapped toy to benefit local charities. For more information, contact Jordan Norris, Choir Director, at 843-322-2000, Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• The Lady’s Island Middle School Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society has chosen the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program as its Fall Semester Service Project. We are asking that LIMS students please bring in a new unwrapped toy to donate to the Toys for Tots Program. All toys donated will be given to children in the local Beaufort County Area for Christmas. The Toys for Tots Donation Box is located in the Guidance and Counseling Office. Please consider picking up a new toy while you are out doing your Christmas shopping. You may bring new and unwrapped toys until Friday, December 12. Any questions, please contact Ms. Brown or Ms. Howell at 322-3140.
• Registration for Park’s Spring I ‘15 term is December 15, 2014 through January 9, 2015. The term dates are January 12 through March 8, 2015. Park University is a fully accredited, private four-year college. For more information call 228-7052 or visit the Park University office at the MCAS Beaufort Lifelong Learning Center (Bldg. 596, Room 212) or the MCRD Parris Island Education Center (Bldg. 923, Room 35).