BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• The SADD Club is collecting formal gowns for the Marine Corps Family Team Building project “Operation Ball Gown”. This program offers gowns free to the wives of active duty Marines for use during the military ball season. Gowns may be dropped off with Mrs. Grooms in the front office until September 4.
• BC Athletic season passes will be on sale at a 2-for-1 rate until Friday, Sept. 14. You must buy 2. See Coach Drafts for prices.
• Battery Creek High School will host Youth Sports Night on Friday, Sept. 12, as the Dolphins battle Hilton Head Island High School in football. Kickoff is set for 7:30. All fall teams, cheerleaders and coaching staffs will be admitted free of charge. All teams will need to arrive together and sign in at the pass gate. All teams are invited to come onto the field prior to the game and form a tunnel for the Dolphins to run through. For additional information, contact Coach Drafts at 843-322-5574 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Battery Creek High Parent Teacher Student Organization will be recognizing all members of the Beaufort Police Department, Beaufort Fire Department, Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, Burton Fire Department and EMT on Sept. 11 at 6 p.m. at the McVey Performing Arts Center. Contact Diane Grooms, 322-5582.
• Monday, Sept. 8: Presentation of the 26th annual T. Reynolds Robinson Scholarship, 2:45 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 10: School pictures will be taken, and fall sports pictures will be taken after school.
• 50th Anniversary BA wall calendars were available at the opening convocation. If you would like one, they can be picked up at the front office on BA’s main campus at 240 Sams Point Road on Lady’s Island. They are free and have some great pictures from BA’s history.
• Calling all Twitter users, BA’s new AD, Coach Neal McCarty, has started a new twitter account for BA Athletics. Follow him at BA Athletics @BAsportsAD.
• The democratic process is alive and well at Bridges Preparatory School, with a very active beginning of the year for all volunteer organizations. This Fall, BPS will host board and PTO elections, and will form Head of School (HOS) Committees, which will advise in areas as diverse as fundraising, academic excellence, grant writing, communications, technology and finance. Nominations for the Bridges Prep Board of Directors are open to the public. The community at large is highly encouraged to consider running for this transformative organization, and serve the public interest in the sustainable growth of quality public education for any and all South Carolina residents. It is important that prior to nominating, voting or running for the board, stakeholders read all posted election materials and job descriptions (bridgesprep.org/board/boardelections). The BPS Board will be holding a pre-election meeting at 7 p.m., September 4, where proposed nominations can be submitted. To be considered for nomination to the BPS Board of Directors, please submit proposed names between September 1-12, via the application posted on our website, also available at the front desks. Please address it to the Nominating Committee Chair, Thomas Pendarvis email@example.com, or drop it off at the front desk c/o Thomas Pendarvis, Nominating Committee Chair. The PTO will accept officer nominations for President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Event Coordinator. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.