• Thursday, Nov. 8: Parents Association Meeting, 3:20 p.m. Childcare provided.
• Friday, Nov. 9: Upper School Art History Class to visit Rock & Roll Photography Exhibit in Charleston.
• Monday, Nov. 2: PreK & K students have half day of school, teacher in-service in the afternoon.
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: 5th graders to Nemours Plantation.
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: A representative from Georgia Southern University will be on campus at 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 14: SCISA State Drama Festival in Sumter
• Thursday, Nov. 15: Eagles Eat Out! Upper Crust will donate 20% of all proceeds back to BA from that evening.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Thursday, Nov. 8: There will be a special Cougar Chat with representatives from the South Carolina Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy will be here to discuss “Tips to Talk to Your Child About Love, Sex, and Relationships”. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in the Lecture Theater; refreshments will follow. For more information, contact Don Martz at 322-3110.
• Friday, Nov. 9: Please be reminded that the cookie dough delivery is in the LIMS cafeteria. The 7th and 8th graders pickup time is from 2-2:30 p.m. and the 5th and 6th graders pickup time is at 3:30 p.m. If your child has a large order, it is recommended you pick up your child’s order. Questions, call Monica Hampton at 843-252-1480.
ST. HELENA ELEMENTARY
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: PTO board will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the community room, the SIC will meet at 6 p.m. followed with a PTO meeting for all parents and teachers at 6:30 p.m. Immediately following, the third grade students will perform “Lost in a South Carolina Museum.”
• Friday, Nov. 9: The monthly PTO dance will be held afterschool until 4:45 p.m.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Monday, Nov. 12: No school in observance of Veterans Day
• Friday, Nov. 16: Homes for the Holidays Gala. Call for details, 522-2163
• Sunday, Nov. 18: Chick fil A night, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The Beaufort County School District is sponsoring a free workshop for parents on how to help finance their children’s college educations. For residents in the northern part of the county, a workshop will be held Nov. 14 at Beaufort High School’s small auditorium from 6:30-7:30 p.m. While the primary target audience is parents of high school seniors, parents of younger students are also invited. Presenters will cover the basics of applying for college financial aid and scholarships. Information will be provided on FAFSA, the CSS Profile, grants, loans and scholarship opportunities in South Carolina and nationally.
Send your school happenings and events to email@example.com.