BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Battery Creek High School will honor parents on Thursday, May 29 at 7 p.m. Parents are invited to attend the ceremony beginning in the McVey Performing Arts Center, to be followed by a reception in the BCHS cafeteria. Call 322-5500 for more information.
• The BCHS Class of 2014 will hold graduation practice at 8 a.m. on Friday, May 30 in the gym. Graduation practice will be held on Monday June 2, following the 7:30 a.m. Senior Breakfast. Seniors planning to participate in the commencement exercises must attend both practices. For more information, call 322-5500.
• Thursday, May 29: BA summer hours, office will be open, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Monday, June 2: Fall sports pre-season practices begin. Contact the coach (available on the BA website) or the front office at 843-524-3393 for more information.
• Sign up today! Beaufort Academy’s first week of summer camp for ages 3-6 begins Monday, June 2. BA is also offering Boys Basketball camps the week of July 21 for boys in grades 3-8! Camps are open to the community. Contact us at 843-524-3393 or visit www.beaufortacademy.org.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Volunteer appreciation dinner will be Thursday, May 29.
• Cheerleading tryouts will be held Friday, May 30, 3 p.m. All information and registration will be done through Ms. Sarah Hibbard. She can be reached at 843-322-3100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Beaufort Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa (professional teacher’s sorority) awarded LIMS School Counselor Kim Brown a scholarship for her to continue her education. This award was presented at the last faculty meeting.
• Patrick J. Griffin, Jr. has been selected as the 2014 Outstanding Graduate of the Park University Beaufort Campus Center. A summa cum laude graduate with a perfect 4.0 grade point average, he has been named to the Dean’s List every term. Being named Outstanding Graduate recognizes not only his academic achievements, but also his leadership contributions to the university and participation in a variety of community and professional activities.