BATTERY CREEK HIGH
Battery Creek High School’s Spring Band and Chorus Concert will be Thursday, May 15, at 7 p.m. in the John J. McVey Performing Arts Center at the school.
• Thursday, May 15: Seventh graders perform Latin plays
• Thursday, May 15: All Sports Banquet, 6 p.m.
• Friday, May 16: PreK-3 Nursery Rhyme Theater, 8:30 a.m.
• Friday, May 16: Annual Lower School Spring Fling, 10:30 a.m.
• Friday, May 16: Medieval Festival, 6th grade, 1 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 21: Lower School Field Day.
• Wednesday, May 21: The APLC/English IV class presents an abridged version of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” as their final project. All are invite to come! Bring your own lawn chair.
• Thursday, May 22: Kindergarten Graduation, 9 a.m.
• Thursday, May 22: Eighth Grade Promotion, 11 a.m.
• Thursday, May 22: Annual Senior Tea, 4 p.m.
CAMP INVENTION is coming back. In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame, Coosa Elementary School is pleased to offer the nationally-acclaimed Camp Invention program to children entering grades one through six. It’s an exciting, weeklong summer adventure in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) that’s all about big ideas. Children will work together to seek innovative solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills as they rotate through four modules that reinvent summer fun.
This unforgettable week begins on July 7, when Karyn Levesque will direct the Camp Invention MORPHED!™ program at Coosa ES. Availability is limited, so visit www.campinvention.org or call 800-968-4332 to reserve your child’s spot today.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
Lady’s Island Middle School is sponsoring its annual Spring Carnival fundraiser Saturday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be fun for all ages and lots of food for sale. Free games and activities such as a bounce house and a dunking booth. Baskets will be for sale for silent auction. Free face painting and free health screening for adults. Admission will be $4 per person, or $20 for families with more than 5 people.
Send information and pictures about events taking place at your school to