BATTERY CREEK HIGH
Battery Creek High School’s Spring Band and Chorus Concert will be Thursday, May 15, at 7 p.m. in the John J. McVey Performing Arts Center at the school.
• Thursday, May 8: AP Exams continue
• Thursday, May 8: Sunset Celebration for Major Donors to the Annual Fund
• Friday, May 9: PreK/K Hoedown
• Friday, May 9: Middle School Social
• Tuesday, May 13: Middles School and Upper School Academic Awards Assemblies
• Wednesday, May 14: Lower School Variety Show
• Thursday, May 15: Seventh graders perform Latin plays
• Save the Date for Friday, May 16: Annual Lower School Spring Fling.
• Exit Realty will be sponsoring all of the awards for the Bridges Sports Camp program this summer. Exit Realty has sponsored several sporting events held in Beaufort over the last four years working jointly with Bridges Athletics Director Stephen Aldred. Greg and Shelia Bennett are “very excited to assist with our inaugural summer camp and are very proud to partner with Bridges Preparatory School.” The summer camps are open to the community and for grades K-8 offering the following sports: Badminton, basketball, chess, dance, soccer, swimming, table tennis, tennis, and also a supervised camp with learning and fun activities.
For sign up information and forms, visit www.bridgesprep.org. Bridges will be using Basil Green Sports Complex, Bridges Preparatory School (1100 Boundary Street), Community Tennis Courts on Boundary Street and the Charles Lind Brown Swimming Pool.
CAMP INVENTION is coming back. In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame, Coosa Elementary School is pleased to offer the nationally-acclaimed Camp Invention program to children entering grades one through six. It’s an exciting, weeklong summer adventure in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) that’s all about big ideas. Children will work together to seek innovative solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills as they rotate through four modules that reinvent summer fun.
This unforgettable week begins on July 7, when Karyn Levesque will direct the Camp Invention MORPHED!™ program at Coosa ES. Availability is limited, so visit www.campinvention.org or call 800-968-4332 to reserve your child’s spot today.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
Lady’s Island Middle School is sponsoring its annual Spring Carnival fundraiser Saturday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be fun for all ages and lots of food for sale. Free games and activities such as a bounce house and a dunking booth. Baskets will be for sale for silent auction. Free face painting and free health screening for adults. Admission will be $4 per person, or $20 for families with more than 5 people.
TCL announces May ceremonies
• Health Sciences Pinning & Recognition Ceremony
(honoring graduates of the associate degree nursing and physical therapist assistant programs)
1 p.m., Thursday, May 8, MacLean Hall Auditorium, TCL Beaufort Campus.
TCL announces 2014 Commencement speaker
The Technical College of the Lowcountry is pleased to announce Brigadier General Lori E. Reynolds, Commanding General of Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island and the Eastern Recruiting Region, will deliver the 2014 Commencement address. Commencement will be held at 6 p.m., Friday, May 9 at the All Weather Training Facility on Parris Island. TCL will honor nearly 330 graduates receiving associate degrees, diplomas and certificates in arts and sciences, business technologies, health sciences and industrial technologies.
Send information and pictures about events taking place at your school to