• Thursday, May 1: BA is hosting an Emeritus Board Brunch, thank you to all who have served!
• Thursday, May 1: Open House for parents of prospective students 2-years old through Kindergarten, 8:30 a.m. To be held at the PreK/K building on Fairfield Road. Contact us for more information, 843-524-3393.
• Monday, May 5: Teacher Appreciation Week begins!
• Monday, May 5: AP Exams begin – good luck students!
• Tuesday, May 6: Latin Play, 5th graders
• Tuesday, May 6: Special Eagles Eat Out for Mothers! Stay tuned for more info.
• Thursday, May 8: BA Aquila theme revealed
• Thursday, May 8: BA Sunset Celebration for Major Donor to the Annual Fund.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• The Cougar Cheer Leaders recently had a fund raising event at our local Arby’s Restaurant. The plan for the fundraiser is to raise money for going to camp this summer. All the cheerleaders had a great time and worked really hard.
• Last weekend, LIMS held its first annual community yard sale. Numeracy Coach, Ms Chislom-Jones with a bright and cheery smile, said, “The yard sale was a blast and I was able to clean out my garage and attic. It was very well organized and the students did a great job holding up the signs.”
• The Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics (GSSM) is bringing its iTEAMS summer camp back to Beaufort County. The camp will be held at Okatie Elementary School from June 23-26. GSSM is currently accepting applications from rising 7th and 8th graders. The online application is available at www.scgssm.org/iteams.
iTEAMS, or “Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship Among Middle Schoolers”, is a day-camp held in districts statewide.
Registration is open for a wide range of day camps aimed at keeping children actively engaged in learning during their summer vacations. The day camps are for students of all ages and focus on a variety of subjects. Some provide lunches to participants, and costs vary. Some are free to students in particular attendance zones, and some have costs based on parents’ abilities to pay. For information, visit the school district’s website at www.beaufort.k.12.sc.us.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Take a break from the kitchen! St. Peter’s Catholic School is hosting a Spirit Night at Moe’s Southwest Grill on Tuesday, May 20. Between the hours of 5 to 9 p.m., 10 percent of the proceeds will go back to the school. All are welcome!
• St. Peter Catholic School 2014-2015 Discount Cards are now available. Many popular local restaurants and business are included in this year’s card and the cards are a great way to save at many of the places you may already shop and dine. For more information or to purchase cards, please contact the Dee Avard at the school office 843-522-2163.