• Saturday, April 26: Alumni Soccer Game in memory of Alex Apps (BA ’07) and William Trask (BA ’69). Game
starts at 10 a.m., during halftime there will be a special ceremony honoring both men. Please contact Bethany Byrne if you are interested in play soccer, at email@example.com or 843-524-3393.
• In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame, Coosa Elementary School is pleased to offer the Camp Invention program to children entering grades one through six. It’s an exciting, weeklong summer adventure in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) that’s all about big ideas. Children will work together to seek innovative solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills. This week begins on July 7, when Karyn Levesque will direct the Camp Invention MORPHED!™ program. Every registration includes a Camp Invention T-shirt. Availability is limited, so visit www.campinvention.org or call 800-968-4332 for reservations.
• The Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics (GSSM) is bringing its iTEAMS summer camp back to Beaufort County. The camp will be held at Okatie Elementary School from June 23-26. GSSM is currently accepting applications from rising 7th and 8th graders. The online application is available at
iTEAMS aims to inspire students to pursue careers in the fields of computer science and technology through innovative hands-on, team-based projects. The application deadline is April 28.
• Registration is open for a wide range of day camps aimed at keeping children actively engaged in learning during their summer vacations. The day camps are for students of all ages and focus on subjects ranging from the arts to math and science. Some of the camps provide lunches to participants, and costs vary. Some are free to students, and some have costs based on parents’ abilities to pay. For information, visit the school district’s website www.beaufort.k12.sc.us under “Hot Links.”
TCL announces May ceremonies
• Student Awards Ceremony
(honoring outstanding 2014 graduates and exceptional alumni)
11 a.m., Friday, May 2, MacLean Hall Auditorium, TCL Beaufort Campus.
• Health Sciences Pinning & Recognition Ceremony
(honoring graduates of the associate degree nursing and physical therapist assistant programs)
1 p.m., Thursday, May 8, MacLean Hall Auditorium, TCL Beaufort Campus.
• Commencement Ceremony
(honoring more than 300 associate degree, diploma and certificate graduates) 6 p.m., Friday, May 9
Parris Island All Weather Facility.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Congratulations to St. Peter’s Catholic School eighth graders who were part of a group of over 150 students from across the Lowcountry that received the Sacrament of Confirmation at Holy Family Catholic Church on Hilton Head Island on March 30.