BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Battery Creek High School Spring Drama is “Perfect Score” and will be performed at the John J. McVey Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. April 10, 11, and 12. Admission is $1 for students and $3 for adults. Join us as we look at the life of four teenagers during their senior year of high school. Follow them as they face reality, prepare for their futures, and accept their strengths and weaknesses. Will they make the most of their senior year or will they fill it with regrets?
• Battery Creek High School Prom Committee to hold a car wash on Saturday, April 19, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the
Walgreens on Highway 21.
• Calling Battery Creek High School Dolphins of classes 1979 and 1980 to save the dates August 29 -31, 2014. There is going to be a class reunion. Please contact Iris Hines at 561-222-9290, email@example.com; Pam Raber 843-476-0449, firstname.lastname@example.org; Pastor Norman Jenkins 843-263-4356; and Rachel Pinckney 843-263-9254.
• Friday, April 11: PreK and K students will take part in the MDA Hop-a-thon, which is MDA’s Disability Awareness Program.
• Monday, April 14: Spring Break begins. Students return to campus on April 22.
• Save the Date: Saturday, April 26, BA will host an alumni soccer game in honor and memory of Alex Apps (BA ’07) and William Trask (BA ’69).
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Lady’s Island Middle School is holding the Coastal Connection Art Show on Thursday, April 10, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The show will feature a visual art display and performances by participating schools Lady’s Island Middle, Lady’s Island Elementary, Coosa Elementary and St. Helena Elementary
• The “Relay for Life” is coming up on April 26. If you want to be involved, contact Ms. Tracy Beach at 843-322-3100 or email at Tracy.Beach@beaufort.k12.sc.us.
• The Lady’s Island 5th grade Team is sponsoring a Yard Sale. The team is raising money to fund their STEM field trip in May to North Carolina. The cost is $10 per table and you keep the proceeds. Want to simply donate items to sell? The fifth grade team is also accepting donations. A link for information and registration is located center at the bottom of the schools web page (www.lims.beaufort.k12.sc.us) For questions and registration, please contact Ms. Portia Johnson at 843-322-3100 or email her at Portia.email@example.com.
• The “Cougar Prowl e-Newsletter” for the Spring is out. It can be accessed by going to the Lady’s Island Middle School’s district web page (www.lims.beaufort.k12.sc.us).
• Parents of Special Needs Students: Attend a parent workshop, Transitioning Out of Special Education. This
workshop is designed for parents of students leaving high school and have questions of what their Special Needs child will do next. Topics of discussion include definition of transition services, how families can get involved, and vocational assessment. The workshop will be Thursday, April 10, 2014, at Robert Smalls Middle School, Room J-1, from 6 to 8 p.m. Sponsored by Beaufort County School Parent/Community REACH Center and presented by Parents Reaching Out to Parents of South Carolina (PRO-Parents). This is a free workshop. All participants will receive a two hour certificate of attendance. Call to register: 1-800-759-4776 or 803-772-5688.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Congratulations to B. Murphy on her first place win at the Sea Island Regional Science Fair. In addition, the following students received Honorable Mentions for their projects at the Fair: K. Calkins, G. Davis, C. Ertwine, J. Horton and T. Wilson. Way to go Saints and Scholars!