• Thursday, Nov. 1: A rep from Sewanee, University of the South, will be on campus, 3 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 1: College Financial Aid meeting for parents of 11th & 12th graders, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 3: High school Fall Ball, 8 p.m.-midnight.
• Monday, Nov. 5: Military Appreciation Music Program in honor of Veterans Day. Grades PK – sixth performing at 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 7: SCISA Upper School Regional Academic Quiz Bowl.
• Save the Date, Thursday, Nov. 8: Parents Association Meeting,
Local residents have enrolled at Clemson University for the fall semester.
• Jameel Mahmoud Abbess IV of Beaufort is majoring in Mathematical Science.
• Khushboo Rajiv Arora of Beaufort is majoring in Biological Sciences.
• Katie Lynne Bickle of Beaufort is majoring in General Engineering.
• Hannah Marie Durbin of Beaufort is majoring in Architecture, Arts and Humanities.
• Jessica Lee Holbrook of Beaufort is majoring in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology.
• Guy Maximilian Kemmann of Beaufort is majoring in General Engineering.
• August Mcraney Lehnert of Beaufort is majoring in Architecture.
• Savannah Lamar Lehnert of Beaufort is majoring in Environmental and Natural Resources.
• Imani Simone Miller of Beaufort is majoring in Microbiology.
• Katherine Marie Neal of Beaufort is majoring in Animal and Veterinary Science.
• John Joseph Rosemeyer Jr. of Beaufort is majoring in General Engineering.
• Alan Edward Shacklett II of Beaufort is majoring in Communication Studies.
• Taylor Matthew Simonsen of Beaufort is majoring in General Engineering.
• John Alexander Weller of Beaufort is majoring in General Engineering.
They join nearly 3,400 freshmen at Clemson this semester.
EC Montessori School Presents: “EC’s Got Talent” on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 4 p.m. at The Shed, 809 Paris Avenue, Port Royal. This free event includes delicious hot dogs with chili, mac n’ cheese, snacks and desserts. Advance dinner tickets are $5 each and $3 for children under 6. At the Door Dinner Tickets are $7 each and $5 for children under 6. Featuring entertainment by EC’s talented children, teachers and parents, a silent auction, 4-6 p.m.
Park University has announced the Beaufort Campus Center Academic Honor List for the recently completed Fall I‘12 term. Those listed achieved a 3.6 grade point average or higher while carrying at full time academic load. Students on the honor list are: Helena Almaguer, Laura L. Arps, Joel D. Blackwell, Brent J. Burns, James D. Canfield, Rio E. Cox, Rodney S. Craft, Misty R. Dunroe, Haley R. Evans, Flavia Fabiano, Patrick J. Griffin, Rachel L. Guss, Valerie C. Guyton, Melissa V. Hardy, Justin E. Hass, Timothy A. Hodges, Crystal Islas, Clyde D. Johnson, Salita Johnson, Dominika Krekora-Sawyer, Christopher M. Lammers, Jason D. Matthews, Simone L. Mercedes, Rachel E. Michener, Latoya C. Moffett, Nicholas F. Otte, Shelly L. Rhodes, Gary D. Rowe, Alexandra D. Siordia, Cynthia M. Sosa, Heather M. Stephens, Carl J. Woods and Samuel J. Woodson. These full time students are pursuing Bachelor of Science or Associate of Science degrees at the Park University Beaufort Campus Center.
As the school looks towards the end of 2012, it is time for the election of Riverview’s Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee will be charged to slate a total of 13 board members. In order to be most effective, the board needs a breadth and depth of experience and specific skills in education, finance, fundraising, legal, business, human resources, public relations and marketing and previous governance experience. For more questions or information, contact Evy Trask, Chair of the Board Development Committee, at email@example.com or Mike Freeman, Chairman
Riverview Board of Directors,
St. Helena Elementary School
• November 6: No school due to Election Day
• November 8: Cluster SIC meeting in the school’s cafeteria at 5:00 P.M. This cluster is made up of SIC representatives from Coosa Elementary, Lady’s Island Elementary, St. Helena Elementary, Lady’s Island Middle School, and Beaufort High School.
St. Peter’s Catholic School
• Nov. 4: VIRTUS training class. Call 522-2163 for details
• Nov. 6: St. Peter’s Garden Club will meet from 3 to 4 p.m.
• Nov. 7: St. Peter’s School cross country meet 4:30 p.m.
• Nov. 12: No school
• Nov. 16: Homes for the Holidays Gala, 522-2163.
• Nov. 17-18: Homes for the Holidays Homes Tour.
The University of South Carolina Beaufort has been named a Champions of Character Five-Star Institution for the 2011-12 school year, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced Wednesday. The NAIA uses a Champions of Character Scorecard to measure each institution’s commitment to the Champions of Character program. Points are earned in five key areas: Character training, conduct in competition, academic focus, character recognition and character promotion. All 12 schools in the Sun Conference achieved five-star status, making the league one of only six conferences in the nation to earn that distinction. The Sun Conference was the largest conference to have all its members make the list.
Send your school happenings and events to firstname.lastname@example.org.