BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• The BCHS SADD Club is collecting gently used prom gowns and accessories for the
upcoming Prom Boutique to be held on Saturday, March 15. Age appropriate gowns, long and short, are needed in all sizes. Donations of gowns, purses, and jewelry can be left in the front office with Mrs. Grooms by March 10. For more info, call 322-5582.
• Thursday, March 6 and Friday, March 7: BA Book Fair continues, stop by the school to purchase books from 3:15 to 4 p.m. Open to the community.
• Friday, March 7: Interim Expo! From 9 to 10 a.m., BA students, parents, intern hosts, and other community members are invited to come view the interim presentations.
• Tuesday, March 11: PLAN and EXPLORE testing for 9th and 10th graders.
• Thursday, March 13: Spanish Honor Society Induction.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• The Lady’s Island Middle School fifth grade team is sponsoring a yard sale. The team is raising money to fund their STEM field trip in May to North Carolina. The cost is $10 per table and you keep the proceeds. Want to simply donate items to sell? The fifth grade team is also accepting donations. For questions and registration, please contact Ms. Portia Vaughn at 843-322-3100 or email her at Portia.email@example.com.
• Parents of Special Needs Students: Please join us for a parent workshop about Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD & ADHD). Topics of discussion include understanding ADD/ADHD; functional behavior assessments; Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP); and much more. The workshop will be Thursday, March 20, at Robert Smalls Middle School, Room J-1, from 6 to 8 p.m. Sponsored by Beaufort County School Parent/Community REACH Center and presented by Parents Reaching Out to Parents of South Carolina (PRO-Parents). This is a free workshop, refreshments served. All participants will receive a two hour certificate of attendance. Call to register: 1-800-759-4776 or 803-772-5688.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Congratulations to St. Peter’s Catholic School Science Fair winners. Fourth Grade: Honorable Mention: C. Culbertson, Ruff; Third Place: JP Barras; Second Place: A. Rembold; First Place: A. Court. Fifth Grade: Honorable Mention: J. Coffman; Third Place: H. Jennings; Second Place: S. Calkins; First Place: E. Goodwin. Sixth Grade: Third Place: M. Prekop; Second Place: J. Horton; First Place: B. Murphy. Seventh Grade: Honorable Mention: T. Lacombe; Third Place: G. Davis and C. Ertwine; Second Place: S. Giordani; First Place: T. Wilson. Eighth Grade: Third Place: M. Collins; Second Place: E. Burton; First Place: K. Calkins.
WHALE BRANCH ELEMENTARY/DAVIS EARLY LEARNING CENTER
• Thursday, March 6: Kid’s Club, 5:30 p.m. at Davis Early Learning Center
• Thursday, March 6: Spelling Bee at 6:30 p.m. at Whale Branch Elementary School
• Saturday, March 8: Sheldon Township’s Pathways in STEP Parent Workshop, 9:30 a.m.. at Whale Branch Middle School.
Send your school news and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.