• Don’t miss this event tonight:
When: Thursday, Oct. 11, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m..
What: Parents Academy, Nutrition for Kids presented by Jenny Craft from Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
How: Free, community event for parents of PreK – 4th grade students. Childcare will be provided, RSVP required. Please contact MJ Simmons to reserve your space at 843-524-3393 or email@example.com.
Where: Beaufort Academy, Lady’s Island.
• Thursday, Oct. 11: School Picture retakes
• Thursday, Oct. 11: 8th grade Bake Sale at Lower and Middle school lunches
• Thursday, Oct. 11: 12th grade Spirit Strands fundraiser
• Friday, Oct. 12: 3rd and 4th grade students to Camp Leopold
• Friday, Oct. 12: Fire Truck visit at the PreK/K building
• Friday, Oct. 12: 11th grade Bake Sale at the home football game
• Friday, Oct. 12: Senior Night at the home football game
• Tuesday, Oct. 16: 10th grade students to see Edgar Allen Poe’s play, Nevermore.
• Wednesday, Oct. 17: 8th, 10th and 11th graders to take PSAT
• Wednesday, Oct. 17: 11th grade Bake Sale at all lunches
• Thursday, Oct. 18: Eagles Eat Out at Plums!
BRIDGES PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Representatives from Bridges Preparatory School, will be available to answer questions from interested parents, students, and community members at outreach events:
• Saturday, Oct. 13: Gray’s Hill Baptist Church (2749 Trask Pkwy) from 1-3 p.m.
• Thursday, 10/25: Adjacent the Lollipop Shop during Trick or Treat in Downtown Beaufort from 5-6:30 p.m.
For more information, please see www.bridgespreparatoryschool.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities 2008 Creative Writing alumni Matthew Casedonte of Anderson, SC, and Allen Butt of Beaufort, SC, have each been awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program scholarship in an English Teaching Assistantship, the United States Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board announced. Matthew will teach in Russia, and Allen will spend the year in Germany.
• SC Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities invites students and their families from across the state to visit campus with the Open Doors event. On Saturday, November 3, attendees will be able to meet current faculty and students, explore the campus and experience life at Governor’s School. To see if these programs are right for you or your child, reserve your space by phone 864-282-3844 or by email: email@example.com. You may also register online at scgsah.org.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Annual PTO Cookie Dough Fundraiser will run through Friday, October 12.
• Cougar Chat has moved to Wednesday, October 17 at 6 p.m.
• PSAT (8th Grade Qualifying) is Wednesday, October 17.
• Call today to schedule your parent conference with your child’s team on October 25 or October 26
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Oct. 15-19: Book Fair in the media center and is open to the public. Please call 522-2163 for more information.
• Wednesday, Oct. 17: The 7th and 8th grade will hold a spaghetti dinner fundraiser to benefit the class trip. Open to the public. Please call 522-2163.
• Thursday, Oct. 18: Chick Fil A Spirit night 5:30- 7:30 p.m.