BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Battery Creek Athletics will host Youth Sports Night on Thursday, September 26, when they host Ridgeland-Hardeeville High School. Game time is 7 p.m. Any fall sports team that arrives with their coach will be admitted free of charge. Please sign in at the pass gate and we will introduce your team and let you run onto the field with the football team prior to kickoff.
• 2013-2014 PTSO Officers are:
Co-president: Willie Mae Hampton
Co-president: Melina Lee
Vice President: Ida Wiggs
Secretary: Brooke Jones
Treasurer: Michelle Morgan
• First Annual BC Athletics Hall of Fame Golf Tournament will be held Saturday, October 12. Registration Deadline: October 7. Team Fee: $240. Individual Fee: $60.
The format for the tournament is four-player team, captains choice. Contact: John Drafts 322-5574 or 441-1180.
• Friday, Sept. 20: The sophomore class will be collecting donations of dog food, dawn detergent, and bleach at the home football game beginning at 7:30 p.m. All donation will be given to JARM (Jasper Animal Rescue Mission) as part of the sophomore class community service project.
• Monday, Sept. 23: The 8th graders will tour Fort Sumter, 8 a.m. departure.
• Monday, Sept. 23: A rep from Lafayette College will be on campus, 3:15 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 24: A rep from the University of Alabama will be on campus, 2:45 p.m.
Bridges Preparatory School celebrated Grandparents Day last week (Sept. 12-13) by having more than 130 parents visit the school and spend some time with their grandkids in the classroom. Some teachers had a grandparent read a story, others sat down and worked with their grandkids on the lesson, and some came to the gym with their grandkid(s) to spend a few minutes of personal time.
LADY’S ISLAND ELEMENTARY
• September 26: Columbia Marionette Theatre presents “Litter Trashes Everyone” (Pre-K-2nd at 2 p.m. and 3rd-4th at 2:35 p.m.)
• September 26: Chick-fil-A Night (ECSE, PreK and Kindergarten) 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• October 10: Author Kevin Kurtz visit
• October 10: Math Curriculum Night- “Rainbow Fish” performed by first graders (6 to 7:30 p.m.)
• Parents and community members will have opportunities to address Board of Education members on a pair of proposals. The first involves the superintendent’s recommendation to build two new schools in Bluffton, and the second involves a proposal to bring fifth-grade classes back to Lady’s Island Elementary School. A Special Board of Education meeting will be 4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, at the District Office.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
St. Peter’s Catholic School is hosting a Spirit Night at Moe’s Southwest Grill on Tuesday, September 24 between the hours of 5 to 9 p.m., 10 percent of the proceeds will go back to the school.
Be sure to send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.