BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• Any BCHS student interested in being a part of the 2013 Girls Golf Team should contact Coach Bailey at 843-263-5865. Students may also contact Coach Bailey at email@example.com. Sports physicals are being given on Saturday, July 27 from 9 to 11 a.m. Sports Physical forms are available in the front office of Battery Creek High School.
• BCHS Freshman Orientation will be held August 6, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. All incoming freshman are encouraged to attend this day long orientation session. Lunch and bus services will be provided. Students should plan to wear school uniform for this event.
Call Diane Grooms at 322-5582 for more information or to register.
• The BCHS SADD Club is collecting boxes of tissues for classrooms for the 2013-2014 School Year. All donations may be left in the front office for Mrs. Grooms. Donations are needed by August 5. Please call Mrs. Grooms at 322-5580/322-5582 with any questions.
• BCHS Band Booster Club Meeting will be held Friday, July 27, at 5:30 p.m. in the BCHS Band Room. All band members, and parents and guardians should plan to attend this important planning session. For more information, please contact Mr. Wendell Roberson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cheerleading Tryout Dates Announced: The BCHS Cheerleading Squad will hold tryouts August 5-7 in the BCHS Gym.
Tryout times will be from 9 to 11 a.m. All students trying out must have a current
South Carolina Physical Form on file with the Athletic Department. For more information, contact Coach Williams at 322-5500.
• Dolphin Pride Marching Band Camp orientation will be held Friday, August 2, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. for parents/guardians, band members and color guard.
• Band Camp Week 1: Monday, Aug. 5 to Friday, Aug. 9.: 6:30 a.m.. to 6 p.m. Drum Major & Section Leaders; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., ALL Band Members & Color Guard
• Band Camp Week 2: Monday, Aug. 12 to Thursday, Aug. 15: 4 to 8 p.m., Drum Major & Section Leaders; 4:30 to 8 p.m., ALL Band Members & Color Guard. Students need to pack a lunch. No one will be permitted to leave campus during lunch or breaks. Contact Ms. Brokenborough at
• British Soccer Camp, by Challenger Sports, will be held at Beaufort Academy the week of August 5 for ages 3-18 years old. Each day includes individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games, coached scrimmages, and a daily tournament. More information can be found at www.beaufortacademy.org, under Camp Eagle. Camp is open to the community.
• An SAT Prep Class is being held the week of August 9 at Beaufort Academy from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $350 and includes a copy of the Princeton SAT Prep Book for each student. You may register online by going to the Beaufort Academy website (www.beaufortacademy.org) and clicking the Camp Eagle icon. Or you may drop your check off at the main office from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday.