• Friday, April 26: Sixth grade Latin students will perform “Bella et Bestia”
• Saturday, April 27: SAT Prep Series continues
• Saturday, April 27: Prom
• Monday, April 29: Pancake Breakfast given by the SADD Club, 7 a.m.
• Tuesday, April 30: Third grade field trip to Dataw Island
• Wednesday, May 1: Third and fourth grade field trip to Columbia, SC, to State House and State Museum
• Save the Date, Thursday, May 2: The Blood Alliance will be in the BA parking lot, come donate.
• Sate the Date, Thursday, May 2: BA will host the Relay for Life Survivor Dinner in the gym.
• Congratulations to Beaufort Academy senior Tommy Fang who was recently recognized as a 2013 Heritage Classic Foundation Scholar.
• Friday, April 26: Parent / Teacher Conferences
HOLY TRINITY CLASSICAL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
• May 3: Teacher In-Service, No School
• May 17 – Last Day of HTCCS Preschool.
• Holy Trinity Classical Christian School (HTCCS), located at 302 Burroughs Ave., is now enrolling for the 2013-2014 academic school year in grades Pre-k (ages 2 +) through 6th grade. Applications can be found online at www.htccs.org or retrieved in person at the school.For more information or to schedule a school tour, contact HTCCS at (843) 522-0660 or
via email at email@example.com.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Thursday, April 25: 6 p.m. Cougar Chat (discussing Common Core State Standards: What is expected from teachers, students and parents?)
• April 26: Movie Night
• April 29 until May 3: 3:45-5 p.m. Cheerleader Try-Outs.
• Penn Center program for academic and cultural enrichment (PACE) child development center is now accepting applications for Summer Enrichment Youth Arts Camp from June 17- August 10. The center provides services Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Every child enrolled at the center is provided the opportunity to learn through age appropriate activities and receive three meals daily. For more information, stop by or call 843-838-8586.
ST. HELENA ELEMENTARY
• Thursday, April 25: Spring pictures taken.
• Friday, April 26: Math division winners dine at The Olive Garden, Children raise money for heart research through Jump Rope for Heart during Academic Arts’ Classes, Basketball game with fourth and fifth graders against faculty at 4 p.m. in the gym for the heart research funding.
• On sale at the school are buttons for former student, Candice Glover, $1 per pin. Call the school or stop by to purchase a pin to wear. All profits will go to the Glover family fund as the countdown continues.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Discount Cards are now on sale at the school office. Call for more details, 522-2163.
• Saturday, May 4: Affordable Pet Vaccination Clinic from 9 to 11 a.m. at the school library.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
• TCL announces end-of-year events: Student Awards Ceremony
(honoring outstanding 2013 graduates and exceptional alumni)
11 a.m., Friday, May 3
MacLean Hall Auditorium
TCL Beaufort Campus. The Health Sciences Pinning & Recognition Ceremony
(honoring associate degree nursing class and physical therapist assistant graduates) will be 1 p.m., Thursday, May 9, at MacLean Hall Auditorium
TCL Beaufort Campus. The Commencement Ceremony
will be at 6 p.m., Friday, May 10, at Parris Island All Weather Facility.
• TCL president named new president of Florida college: Technical College of the Lowcountry President Dr. Thomas C. Leitzel has been named President of South Florida State College. He will begin his position July 1. “It has been my honor to serve as president for the past five years and work closely with the TCL Area Commission, the college’s oversight governing board representing Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties,” Leitzel said. “TCL is a strong organization with incredibly talented employees at all levels. It is an amazing college that will continue to change the economic landscape of the communities it serves through its ties with community leaders and its high quality educational platform across a variety of academic programs.”
WHALE BRANCH ELEMENTARY
James J. Davis Early Childhood Center: The 14th Annual Sheldon Township Forum will be held Saturday, April 27th from 8:30 am –Noon at the school. For details please contact the school at 843-466-3600.
Send your school happenings to firstname.lastname@example.org.