• Riverview Charter School is launching its 3rd Annual Read-a-thon and they’ve dedicated the month of September to reading. Students will track their daily reading — at home and at school — with a school-wide goal to read 670,000 minutes during the month of September!
• Riverview students are each seeking Sponsors to support them in their reading. Sponsors can pledge money per minute read, or simply make a one-time donation in support of a particular student. All funds raised through the Read-a-thon will go towards the purchase books for Riverview’s classroom libraries, our new spelling and vocabulary curriculum and monies raised by middle school students will go toward the upcoming eighth grade trip.
• Riverview is seeking “Mystery Readers” to read to students in their classrooms. Students love to have grandparents, parents, siblings, neighbors, authors, and community leaders visit their classrooms to share their favorite book (or a portion thereof). If you are willing to read to a classroom on Friday, September 28, please call or email Joy O’Kelley (843.379.0123 ext.1, or email@example.com) to schedule your visit. Mystery Readers are arranged on a first-come, first-serve basis so please call soon, and be sure to bring a copy of your favorite book to share.
• Additionally, the Riverview Community Cooperative (RCC) will be hosting a school-wide Scholastic Book Fair the week of September 18th – 21. Mark your calendars for the RCC’s Pizza Party Kick-off the night of Monday, Sept. 17.
ST PETER CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• 8th grade girls kayak
• Knights of Columbus Spaghetti dinner at 5 p.m.
• VIRTUS training 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
September 20: Chick-fil-a Spirit night 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 13: A representative from Wofford College will be on campus at 3 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 14: Seventh graders will have a Latin “cena,” a Roman Banquet, at 8 a.m.
• Monday, Sept. 17: A representative from Bates College will be on campus at 3 p.m.
• Monday, Sept. 17: Parents Association Innisbrook Fundraiser begins!
• Wednesday, Sept. 19: A representative from Roanoke College will be on campus at 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 19: Back to School Bingo and Meet & Greet, 5:30 p.m.