• Coosa Elementary School is calling on local businesses to help “flip” their school; an initiative to develop young leaders. Coosa Elementary is seeking business partners of various levels to assist in the development of projects throughout the school. Projects include visually enhancing the interior of the school building with mural paintings and motivational quotes that inspire young leaders. Funds are needed to purchase paints and supplies. Volunteers are also needed to help carryout these projects. Anyone interested in becoming a business partner or making a donation should contact Carmen Dillard at 843-322-6100 or Carmen.Dillard@beaufort.k12.sc.us.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
Please tune to 1630 AM on your radio station while dropping off or picking up you students. Our radio
range is 1-mile radius.
• Thursday, Jan. 10, 5 p.m.: Basketball LIMS vs MCMS at LIMS
• Monday, Jan. 14, 5 p.m.: SIC Meeting and 6 p.m. PTO Meeting
• Tuesday, Jan. 15, 5 p.m.: Basketball LIMS vs BMS at LIMS
• Tuesday, Jan. 15, 5 p.m.: Band Booster Club Meeting at LIMS
• Thursday, Jan. 17, 5 p.m.: Basketball LIMS vs HHMS at LIMS
• Friday, Jan. 18: Staff Development. No School for Students
• Monday, Jan. 21: Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday. No School, Building Closed.
• Beginning with the 2013-2014 school year, all students entering seventh grade must receive or have already received a dose of Tdap vaccine on or after their 11th birthday to protect them from whooping cough. Your child’s school will need a South Carolina Certificate of Immunization showing that he or she has received this newly required Tdap vaccine.
• Re-Enrollment Applications for returning students were backpacked home prior to Winter Break. Please return them to your child’s homeroom teacher before January 31st at 6 p.m.. One application is required per student.
• New student enrollment for 2013-2014 school year is now open
Applications for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are now being accepted at Riverview Charter School. Applications will be accepted until 6 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2013. Applications are available in the Front Office at Riverview; on the school’s web site; at the Wardle Family YMCA in Port Royal; at the Boys & Girls Clubs in Beaufort and Bluffton; and at the Beaufort, Bluffton, Lobeco and St. Helena branches of the Beaufort County Library System. Applications must be received by 6 p.m. on January 31. An Open House for all prospective students and families will be held on Thursday, January 17 at 6 p.m.
ST HELENA ELEMENTARY
• Thursday, Jan. 17: Math Bowl for third, fourth and fifth grades
• Friday, Jan. 18 and Monday, Jan. 21: No School for students.
• Tuesday, Jan. 22: Class Pictures
• Friday, Jan. 25: Report Cards Go Home
ST PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Friday, Jan. 11: Basketball game vs. St. Gregory the Great 6 p.m./7 p.m.
• Monday, Jan. 14: End of Second quarter, Geo Challenge 3:15 to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 15: Recycle Club 3:15-4 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 17: SCISA Spelling Bee, Basketball game vs. St. Francis 4:30/5:30 p.m.
• Monday, Jan. 21: NO SCHOOL
WHALE BRANCH ELEMENTARY
• Whale Branch Elementary had a tree planting on Dec. 7, Arbor Day. The trees were provided by the Clemson Extension Program. • On Dec. 18, Aunt Pearlie Sue provided a holiday program for the students. There was lots of singing, dancing and wonderful storytelling about the Lowcountry history.
• Tuesday, Jan. 15: Partners In Print Night.
Teachers will provide a night of reading strategies for Kindergarten through second grade parents to use at home to help their children be successful in reading.
• Tuesday, Jan. 15 through February 14: “Our WBES Heart Overflows With Kindness.”
To commemorate the birthday of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., staff and students will participate in a monthlong project to perform as many random acts of kindness toward others. Paper hearts listing the student’s name and what act they completed will be displayed in a giant heart mounted in the hallway.
Send your school happenings to email@example.com.