The Photography Club of Beaufort announced the winners of the semi-annual Fall Competition held Monday, October 8. Judging the event were professional photographers Gary Geboy, Joe Berger and Jerry Griffin. Prints were judged using the criteria of superb technical quality, composition and interest.
Brad Mol-Dellepoort’s image “Sip of Water” was awarded Best in Show.
Here are results of the competition:
• First Place, Novice Category was tied: Russ Dimke for “Lazy Summer Afternoon” and Tom Brady for “Insynk.”
• Second Place: “Peace under Chaos” by Tracy Davidson and Honorable Mention to Tom Valentino for “Great Blue Heron.”
• Intermediate Category, First Place: Suzanne Wolf’s “Old Shell Basket.”
• Second Place winner: “Welcome Home Little One” by Ariel Holcomb. Honorable Mention was “Buddhist Nun Spinning a Prayer Wheel” by Dr. Barry Wright.
• First Place in the Advanced Category was also Best in Show: Brad Mol-Dellepoort’s “Sip of Water.”
• Second Place tie: “Candid Moment” by Phyllis Kaupp-Seas and Wes Grady’s “Early Morning on Price Lake.”
• In the Expert division, First Place: John Wollwerth for “Lightening.”
• Second Place: “Storm Brewing in the North” by Charlie Heyman.
• Tie for Honorable Mention: Randy Thompson for “Rose Marie” and “Leap” by Paul Nurnberg.
The Photography Club of Beaufort, now with over 80 members, meets at ArtWorks, 2127 Boundary St., at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month. For more information, visit the club website at www.photoclubbeaufort.com.