“The dining-in is a formal dinner function for members of a military organization or unit. It provides an occasion for cadets, officers, noncommissioned officers, and their guests to gather together in an atmosphere of camaraderie, good fellowship, fun, and social rapport. It is important to emphasize that a dining-in celebrates the unique bond or cohesion that has held military units together in battle, rather than become just another mandatory function.”
The 2015 Dining-in, hosted by the Beaufort County School District, included the top 25 cadets from each high school’s JROTC program and offered a few elements of a real Dining-in event such as it was a formal affair with dinner, toasts, awards, and a guest speaker. The “exhibition drill” event is unique to our dining-in and that’s because we wanted to have an event that would continue the competition for the Superintendent’s Cup Trophy.
Leadership Award Recipients:
• Battery Creek High School – Cadet Lt. Col. Bianca Zaragoza
• Beaufort High School – Cadet Lt. Col. Tucker Pettigrew
• Bluffton High School – Cadet Lt. Col. Cameron Etheridge
• Hilton Head Island High School – Cadet Lt. Andrew Fletcher
• Whale Branch Early College High School – Cadet Lt. Col. David Mitchell