Lt. Dan Weekend 3 (LDW3) organizers say shuttle service is available from the parking lot at the Beaufort County Administration Building, 100 Ribaut Road, to Beaufort’s waterfront park for the Friday, Sept. 14 Vetpalooza Military Salute Concert and the Saturday, Sept. 15, Lt. Dan Band Concert with Gary Sinise.
Shuttle service starts at 6 p.m. and will return after the concerts. Both concerts start at 7 p.m. and tickets are still available at www.ldw3.com. Organizers recommend picking up tickets early to avoid congestion at the gate.
Dick Clarke, LDW3 Operations Director, said those who participate in the Golf Scramble on Friday or the Bike Ride/5K on Saturday at the Marine Corps Air Station will be offered a complimentary ticket to Saturday’s Lt Dan Band Concert.
“These activities are great way to come out and interact on a personal level with the wounded heroes being honored during the Lt. Dan Weekend and then enjoy a great show with them that evening,” Clarke said.
“We also want people to know the food concessions we have planned are exceptional,” said Chad Langford, concessions chair of the LDW3.
“Palm Key Catering and Events has prepared a terrific menu. We hope everyone will plan to have dinner at the park where they will have several choices of food and beverages, including mouth-watering pulled pork and Frogmore stew.”
Palm Key Catering is giving the LDW3 a portion of the proceeds, as is Founding Father’s Beer, which is a big supporter of the Independence Fund. Phil Knutson will be selling his patriotic brand of American
beer during the concert to benefit the healing heroes. Both concerts and other activities in connection with LDW3 raise money for the Independence Fund, which provides services and equipment to severely wounded veterans of recent wars.
IF YOU GO: LT DAN WEEKEND EVENTS
• Thursday, Sept. 13: Fly Casting Clinic at Palm Key Nature Resort, 12 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 14: 3rd Annual Lt Dan Golf Classic (Scramble) at Cat Island, 9:30 a.m. Green fees, cart, on-course water, lunch and prizes are included. There will be three flights and prizes for the top two foursomes in each flight; there will be a putting contest and a longest drive prize for men and women as well. The cost is $100 per person.
• Friday, Sept. 14: Vetpalooza Military Tribute Concert, at Waterfront Park, Beaufort, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 15: Independence Ride and 5K Run at MCAS, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 15: Lt. Dan Band in Waterfront Park; Starting at 7 p.m. with opening performances by Bounty Hunter, a Beaufort band with a local following, and Nashville recording artist Berry Michael. Gary Sinise and his Lt Dan Band will begin at 8:30. Tickets are $25 at the door or $20 in advance at www.ldw3.com.