More than 100 women attended the monthly Island Girls Night Out event on Wednesday, Sept. 10 at Boondocks Restaurant on St. Helena Island. The crowd filled up the second floor bar area and everyone enjoyed drinks, food, music, even singing and dancing, in addition to the many fabulous door prizes. Special thanks to the owners and their dedicated staff for making sure everyone had fun and got home safely. Also a big thanks to all the businesses that donated their local goods and services, and to all the awesome local ladies who came out to connect and throw down.
To donate prizes or for more details about upcoming events, contact Irene Goodnight at 615-243-4684.
Here’s a list of prizes and winners:
• Coastal Carolina Reiki Gift Certificate: Susan Smith
• The Kitchen Gift Certificate: Norma Hewitt
• The Craftseller pottery: Nancy McHale
• Beaufort Lands End Kayak Tour: Toby
• Bella Luna Cafe Gift Certificate: Betty Allen
• Thibault Gallery print: Patricia Jaudon
• Fordham Market scarf: Deb Duer
• Lulu Burgess gift certificate: Carolyn Smalls
• Cookie Lee Jewelry Gift Certificate: Inez Smalls, Jannean Polk, Gina Peabody
• Boondocks Restaurant Gift Certificate and T-shirt: Sandra Bulard and Carol Helmly
• Bellavista gift certificate: Rita Hunt
• Hot Heads Salon gift certificate: Elaine Dempsey
• Pinnacle Plastic Surgery gift basket: Jan Hughes
OCTOBER GIRLS NIGHT OUT
It’s the marquee event of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the Lowcountry — and you’re invited to the party!
The Island News will be partnering with Beaufort Memorial Hospital as they host their traditional October Girls’ Night Out for the fifth year, with music, munchies and a whole new lineup of fun and educational activities offering “Your Ticket To…” breast health, OB-GYN health and an active lifestyle.
The party takes place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on THURSDAY, Oct. 16 (please note the day is different next month) on the second floor of the the Beaufort Memorial Medical & Administration Center — directly across the street from the main hospital campus on Ribaut Road in Beaufort.
Besides lots of great information on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, there will be plenty of hors d’oeuvres, beverages and prizes, too. The event is free, but registration is required. (This event has become so popular that it sold out last year – so make sure you reserve early). Visit www.beaufortmemorial.org and click on the “Girls’ Night Out” banner on the homepage to reserve your ticket to the fun.