• The Habersham Marketplace will host the Third Annual Habersham Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 22, from 12-6 p.m. The festival is a one-day regionally expanded farmers market and a celebration of food, fun, art, music and entertainment There is no cost to attend and food and drink will be available for purchase. For more information, visit habershamharvestfest.com.
• Pick pumpkins at Carteret Street United Methodist Church’s Pumpkin Patch. Sponsored by the Carteret Street Youth, the patch is open to the public and offers pumpkins of all shapes and sizes for sale. All proceeds raised benefit Carteret Street’s youth ministries, 408 Carteret St.
• Sign up now to take a carriage ride or walking tour through Beaufort’s Historic District with the Exchange Club’s 19th Annual Ghost Tours. Tours last about an hour and will run in the evenings of October 21-23 and 27-30. All proceeds benefit the Child Abuse Prevention Association (CAPA) of Beaufort County. Walking tour tickets are $12 for all ages and carriage tours are $10 for children ages 3-11 and $20 for adults. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Call 843-52-GHOST (843.524.4678) for information or to make a reservation.
• Runners can see first-hand the improvements to the new McTeer Bridge during the Over the Bridge and Back Yonder (O BABY) 5K Run and Fun Walk planned for Saturday, Oct. 29. Registration will take place at the foot of the new McTeer Bridge in Port Royal beginning at 9 a.m. The race begins at 10 a.m. and the first 100 paid registrants will receive a T-shirt. The event sponsors children’s charities. Registration is $20 or $15 for walkers. For more information, call Angel or Brian Flewelling at (843) 525-0102.
• The Technical College of the Lowcountry Foundation presents Oysters by the Bay on Saturday,
Oct. 29, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the TCL Beaufort campus, 921 Ribaut Road. The cost is $25 for oysters, chili, and hot dogs. Beer will be available for purchase. All proceeds go to creating scholarships for TCL students. For tickets, go to www.Tcl.Edu/oysters or call 843.525.8294.
• Rotary Club of the Lowcountry is hosting its 15th Annual Family Oyster Roast on Saturday, Nov. 5, at 6 p.m. at Live Oaks Park at Paris Avenue, Port Royal. All proceeds benefit local nonprofits. A $25 advance ticket gets you all the oysters you can eat, beer, wine, hot dogs, and chili for the non-seafood lovers. Tickets are $30 at the gate, kids under 10 are free. For tickets, call 476-9872 or stop by the UPS Store at Cross Creek Plaza.