Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) of the Lowcountry will continue to offer its free tax preparation program until April 15. The program, which is intended to aid low-to-moderate income individuals and families, has completed more than 1,000 tax returns at its various sites around the Lowcountry, since commencing annual operations earlier this year. VITA has multiple locations throughout the area and is operating an extensive weekly schedule which, while subject to change, is currently as follows:
• Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott Street, Beaufort, 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Saint Helena Branch Library, 6355 Jonathan Francis Senior Road, Saint Helena, 1:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Beaufort Branch Library, 311 Scott Street, Beaufort, 1:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• YMCA, 1801 Richmond Avenue, Port Royal, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
• Lobeco Branch Library, 1862 Trask Parkway, Lobeco, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• USC-Beaufort, Gateway Campus, 1 University Boulevard, Bluffton, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Mark Schneider, VITA Program Coordinator said, “Our VITA program sites are open on a rotating schedule, which should provide a convenient time and place for qualifying taxpayers to access our services. The lines and waiting times are shorter than earlier in the tax season, so now is a great time to use our services.”
Visit www.vitalowcountry.org for more information about the program.