The Photography Club of Beaufort announced the winners of their Fall 2014 semi-annual competition which took place on Monday, Sept. 8. Judges were Brian Glaze, assistant professor of studio art at USCB; Nancy Rhett, well-known local artist and book illustrator; and professional photographer Gary Geboy. Scoring is based on three major aspects of each image: technical quality, composition and impact. The judges noted the exceptional quality of the images in all four skill levels. The club meets on the second Monday of every month
at 7 p.m. at ARTworks in Beaufort Town Center on Boundary Street in Beaufort. The public is invited.
The winners are:
• First Place: Barbara Hazzard for “Sardargarh Hermit”
• Second Place: Rebecca Bass for “Rainy Day in Bordeaux — A Study in Threes.”
• First Place: Lynn Long for “Pesky Blackbird” (pictured above)
• Second Place: There was a four-way tie: Joan Eckhardt for “Watermelon Man”; Dick Hoagland for “Me Too!”; Gregg Hunt for “Fungi on a Fallen Tree”; and Barry Wright for “Tracks of Time.”
• First Place: Russ Dimke for “St. Petersburg Subway”
• Second Place: Juergen Thiessen for “Red Wheel”
• First Place Tie: Sandy Dimke for “An Ancient Swede” and Lamar Nix for “Make My Day, Punk”.
• Second Place Tie: Wes Grady for “Acropolis” and Randy Thompson for “BFFs Dhaka”.
For more information on the Photography Club of Beaufort, please visit www.photoclubbeaufort.com.