Upcoming USCB events
• Emerging Cinema: “THE GUARD:” November 18 at 7 p.m. Directed by John Michael McDonaugh. Starring Don Cheadle and Brendan Gleeson. Rated R.
• Emerging Cinema: “TOAST:” November 22 at 7 p.m. Directed by SJ Clarkson. Starring Freddie Highmore and Helena Bonham Carter. Not Rated. Adults $8, Seniors $7, Students $6.
• MET OPERA: Live in HD: Satyagraha- Glass, November 19 at 12:55 p.m.
• Beaufort Children’s Theatre Presents “Guys and Dolls:” Nov. 19 at 7 p.m. and Nov. 20 at 3 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children.
All events will be at the USCB Center for the Arts, 801 Carteret St. For more information, call 521-4145.
Sign up for upcoming art classes at ArtLofts
• Feelings And Mood In Landscape & Seascape: Nov. 16-18, 9-4 p.m. with Linda Sheppard. 843-379-4633. Loosen up your paintings with color, texture value and shapes to communicate mood. Cost is $200.
• Oil Painting with Mary Grayson Segars: Nov. 29, 30, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. -1 p.m. $150. ArtLofts (208-B Carteret St., downtown Beaufort). Mary will do a daily painting demonstration and discuss fundamentals of painting, including color mixing and composition. Supply list upon request. Call 843 410-8815 to register or for more information. See http://marysegars.com.
• Make Your Own Holiday Greeting Cards: Susie Stockholm 843-473-7706. $45. Dec. 13, 1 to 4 p.m. Chanukah, Kwanzaa and Christmas. Expect to make 5 to 10 original cards using Japanese papers, ribbon, and your own ingenuity.
• Creating Textures With Collage: Dec 6 and 7, 1 to 4 p.m. with Susie Stockholm. 843-473-7706 Play with stained papers, draw under and over your shapes, and arrange to please yourself. Cost is $90.
• Feather Jewelry: Dec 10, from 9 a.m. – noon with Susan Stone 843-441-7493. Choose hat band, earrings or necklace for your masterpiece. $30, plus materials.