Clay & Ink Workshops at ARTworks:
• Polymer Clay & Jewelry Making with Natasha Lawrence: Saturday, January 25, from noon to 2:30 p.m., $45 pre-paid. Express your creativity with polymer clay and design a one-of-a-kind necklace and pendant. Projects will be baked, varnished and ready to wear. Children ages 6-12: $25 with adult.
• Learn Calligraphy for Valentine’s Day: Beautiful Writing with Natasha Lawrence: Saturday, February 1, from noon to 2:30 p.m.; $45 pre-paid. Impress friends and family with this Valentine’s Day themed workshop in the art of beautiful writing in colors and a variety of lettering styles. For ages 12 and up. For details, visit www.southcarolinacalligraphy.com or www.artworksinbeaufort.org or call 843-379-2787.
Afterschool at ARTworks:
• Watercolor, Drawing, Pen & Ink with Jean Norton-Torjussen. Starts Tuesday, Jan. 21, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 10-16. Watercolor painting is combined with drawing fun. The class features watercolor brush techniques with pen and ink embellishment. The class will also become familiar with how to use and mix primary colors, the laws of perspective and overall good design while learning how to apply those tenets to exciting watercolor creations. Tuition: $55; supplies: $10.
• Painting Spectacular with Deanna Bowdish. Starts Tuesday, January 21 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 6-10. This class will explore the vast and varied tools and materials that can be used to create a painting, we don’t always have to use a brush. We will experiment with traditional and non-traditional techniques and tools. This class will celebrate the imagination, so that’s the only tool you’ll need. We may get messy, so make sure you don’t wear your Sunday best.
• Framing with Hank with Hank Herring: Starts Thursday, Jan. 23, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 10-16. During this class, students learn to measure, decorate and fit mats to frames. Students need: two 5×8 favorite photos or cards, a portrait or vertical perspective and a landscape or horizontal layout. Tuition is $55 and supplies are $10.
• Printmaking and collage with Celia Pray. Starts Thursday, Jan. 23 from 4 to 5:30 p.m., ages 6-10. Students will make their own paper and paste paper to use in their collage. Students will create an accordion book demonstrating their new learned skills. Tuition $55; Supplies $10. These four classes will be held at ARTworks located at 2127 Boundary Street, Beaufort Town Center, Beaufort, SC, 29902. For more information, visit www.artworksinbeaufort.org or call 843-379-2787.