Clay & Ink Workshops at ARTworks:
• Clay on Thursdays begins January 9 with Trevor Foster. $125 plus $25 per 25 pounds of clay; hand-building and wheel-thrown sessions. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-707-5961.
• Polymer Clay & Jewelry Making with Natasha Lawrence: Saturday, January 25, from noon to 2:30 p.m., $45 pre-paid. Express your creativity with polymer clay and design a one-of-a-kind necklace and pendant. Projects will be baked, varnished and ready to wear. Children ages 6-12: $25 with adult.
• Learn Calligraphy for Valentine’s Day: Beautiful Writing with Natasha Lawrence: Saturday, February 1, from noon to 2:30 p.m.; $45 pre-paid. Impress friends and family with this Valentine’s Day themed workshop in the art of beautiful writing in colors and a variety of lettering styles. For ages 12 and up. For details, visit www.southcarolinacalligraphy.com or www.artworksinbeaufort.org or call 843-379-2787.
Afterschool at ARTworks:
• Watercolor, Drawing, Pen & Ink with Jean Norton-Torjussen. Starts Tuesday, Jan. 21, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 10-16. Watercolor painting is combined with drawing fun. The class features watercolor brush techniques with pen and ink embellishment. The class will also become familiar with how to use and mix primary colors, the laws of perspective and overall good design while learning how to apply those tenets to exciting watercolor creations. Tuition: $55; supplies: $10.
• Fun with Polymer with Deanna Bowdish. Starts Tuesday, Jan. 21 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 6-10. This class will explore the many techniques used to work with polymer clay, such as hand building, coiling and patterning. We will manipulate and transform the clay to create fun and inventive projects for each class, such as small sculptures, jewelry and mosaics. Tuition: $55; Supplies: $10.
• Framing with Hank with Hank Herring: Starts Thursday, Jan. 23, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 10-16. During this class, students learn to measure, decorate and fit mats to frames. Students need: two 5×8 favorite photos or cards, a portrait or vertical perspective and a landscape or horizontal layout. Tuition is $55 and supplies are $10.
• Printmaking and collage with Celia Pray. Starts Thursday, Jan. 23 from 4 to 5:30 p.m., ages 6-10.
Students will make their own paper and paste paper to use in their collage. Students will create an accordion book demonstrating their new learned skills. Tuition $55; Supplies $10.
These four classes will be held at ARTworks located at 2127 Boundary Street, Beaufort Town Center, Beaufort, SC, 29902. For more information, visit artworksinbeaufort.org or call 843-379-2787.
Learn the Meisner Technique: Instructor Gail Westerfield is preparing to teach a class in Meisner Technique at ARTworks. “The class will be an introduction to the fundamentals of Sanford Meisner’s work, a practice that trains actors to be fully ‘in the moment’ on stage. Through a series of exercises, both experienced and inexperienced actors will learn what Meisner called ‘living truthfully in imaginary circumstances.’ ” Work in the eight-week class will focus on relaxation and preparation, as well as creating character and building relationship with a scene partner. Westerfield has acted and directed for more than 30 years and trained intensively in Meisner Technique. Students must be age 16 or over. Classes will be Wednesdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m., January 22 through March 19. ARTworks is at 2127 Boundary Street. Cost is $120. Payment plans are available, but $50 is required at the first class. Class size is limited. To register or ask questions, email email@example.com.