The set of “Our Town” by Thornton Wilder is minimalist and perfect for the black box theater at ARTworks. Jen Shand and Carrie Freeman are pictured here, during breakfast time in their neighboring houses. The production is well-crafted community theater about community, the scent of heliotropes and runs now through June 12 in Beaufort Town Center, 379-2787, www.ArtWorksInBeaufort.org.
IF YOU GO
• Thursday, June 9: Pay What You Can night ($5 min.) in the theater, 8 p.m. curtain.
• Friday & Saturday, June 10-11: curtain is 8p.m.
• Sunday, June 12: the final show is a 3p.m. matinee.
• The gallery show is free to browse Tuesday-Saturdays, through July 30th. Artwork is for sale.
• Tickets with assigned seating are online or call 379-2787; all tickets for the play are $15 per person, $10 for students (13+), $5 for children (12 and under) and $10 for groups of 10 or more.