Representative Shannon Erickson continues to hold a series of public Town Hall forums for the candidates for the First Congressional District special election, the seat recently vacated by U. S. Senator Tim Scott. The evenings are reserved for two candidates each night to attend, introduce themselves and answer questions from the public. Each candidate will be on stage for an hour, either 6 until 7 p.m. or 7 to 8 p.m.
Dates for these forums are:
• Thursday, February 7: Sheriff Ray Nash (R) 6 p.m./Mr. Jeffrey King (R) 7 p.m.
• Monday, February 11: Councilman Curtis Bostic (R) 6 p.m./Senator John Kuhn (R) 7 p.m.
• Thursday, February 21: TBA 6 p.m./Senator Larry Grooms (R) 7 p.m.
• Monday, February 25: TBA
• Monday, March 4: Mr. Keith Blandford (R) 6 p.m. / Representative Peter McCoy (R) 7 p.m.
• Thursday, March 7: Representative Andy Patrick (R) 6 p.m./TBA 7 p.m.
The forums will be open to all candidates regardless of party affiliation and are not debates but rather opportunities for the public to be clearly informed on the candidate’s background, experience, stance on issues and vision of representation of our area. Each TOWN HALL will be held at the Technical College of the Lowcountry Auditorium, 921 Ribaut Road, Building 12 in Beaufort. In the event of a runoff, another Town Hall will be added on Monday, March 25 for the candidates in that election.
For more information, contact Representative Shannon Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-263-1867.