Church to hold annual Fun Run Walk for Christ
Tabernacle Baptist Church will host its annual Fun Run/Walk For Christ on Saturday, May 24. Registration is from 7 to 7:45 a.m., and the Run/Walk starts at 8 a.m. There are six age groups for males and females. Trophies and T-shirts awarded to the top three winners in each group. Prizes, food and water will be available. Cost is $10 for 14 and up; $5 for 13 and under. Registration will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church, 911 Craven Street, Beaufort. For more information, call 843-524-0376 or 843-271-1719. Come and enjoy a tour of Beaufort.
Team in Training invites locals to run, save lives
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training (TNT) program invites individuals interested in fitness and charity to join TNT. TNT participants fight against blood cancers by raising funds and training as a group to run or walk, a full or half marathon. Team in Training is excited to participate in the Rock ‘N’ Roll Savannah Marathon & Half in Savannah on November 8. TNT is a unique program with a local presence, led by coaches Derek Clement and Molly Day. They will train Saturday mornings in Beaufort, and enjoy socials and clinics together. To learn more about Team in Training, please contact Liz Coffey at 803-731-4060 or Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit online at www.teamintraining.org/sc.
ONE Yoga Sanctuary holds free Yoga Fest
The teachers of ONE Yoga Sanctuary, located at 73 Sea Island Parkway on Lady’s Island, Beaufort, are hosting Yoga Fest, a day of free and varied yoga and movement classes for all levels on Saturday, May 31. Owner Dragana Pavic-Zappia extends this offer to the community annually in hopes of expanding the reach and benefits of the practice to all. For more information about the studio and its daily offerings, visit www.oneyogasanctuary.com.
Here is the schedule for Yoga Fest, Saturday, May 31:
• 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Core and Flow with Charity and Michelle: Challenging, heat building practice
• 10 -11 a.m.: Therapeutic Yoga Floorplay with Kathy and Dragana
• 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Practice Lab with Carol: Skill in Action
• 1-2 p.m.: Holy Yoga with Carrie: Scriptural meditation, breath, movement
• 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Qi Gong with Dottie
• 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Lil’ Yogis with Erin: Soulful Playtime (in or outside)
• 10-11 a.m.: Creative Movement for Kids with Carrie (outside)
• 10-11 a.m.: Vinyasa Flow with Jenna
• 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.: Kundalini Yoga Gong Bath with Dragana and Nori
• 1-2 p.m.: Back to the Core with Kevin
• 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Flow with Laughter with Brittney: Unique blend of laughter and vinyasa.