State Senator Chip Campsen, who represents District 43, will be the guest speaker at the Tuesday, August 13 meeting of the Lady’s Island Business and Professional Association to be held at 8am in the Beaufort Realtor’s Association Headquarter in
the Palmetto Business Park (behind BB&T) on Lady’s Island Drive. The meeting is open to the public. With political redistricting as a result of the 2010 Census, Senator Campsen replaced Senator Tom Davis as Lady’s Island representative for District 43 in the State Senate.
Senator Campsen resides on the Isle of Palms and has served as a member of the State House of Representatives from 1996 to 2002 at which time he became the co-chair and spokesperson for Governor Mark Sanford’s transition team.
In 2004 he was elected to the State Senate, reelected in 2008 and 2012. He presently serves on the following committees Fish, Game and Forestry, Invitations, Judiciary, Rules and Transportation. He received his BS from Furman University, MS from the University of South Carolina where he also received his Juris Doctorate. He is a practicing attorney and a businessman. He has his captain’s license and is vice president of Fort Sumter Tours Inc. He also works as a commercial real estate broker. Senator Campsen has been requested to include in his discussion with LIBPA’s members the following subjects:
• Was the lack of 2013 legislative accomplishments due to the challenging nature of the problems?
• What are the successes of the 2013 legislative session?
• What are the key items remaining to be addressed in 2014?
• What are the most critical areas which need attention in District 43?
• Was progress made in solving the state funding problem for Beaufort County schools?