• Nov. 23-25, No school: Thanksgiving Break!
• Monday, Nov. 28: Beaufort Academy’s W.A.L.L. Approach Interim begins for middle and upper schools.
•Tuesday, Nov. 29: Riverview’s Board of Directors Meeting.
• Tuesday, Nov. 29: Beaufort Academy’s annual College Trip begins.
• Nov. 29-30: Beaufort Academy’s 5th and 6th graders travel to Atlanta for a visit to the Georgia Aquarium.
• Wednesday, Nov. 30: Mossy Oaks’ 4th and 5th graders must turn in their science fair projects. Judging will take place Dec. 1 during the school day; parents may view projects beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the gym; and the award ceremony beings at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 30: Riverview’s Board nominations are due.
B.A. Sailing Club goes to National Championship Regatta
The Beaufort Academy Sailing Club was asked to compete in the Great Oaks Invitational Regatta. Beaufort Academy received one of only 36 spots awarded nationwide. The spots are awarded according to the teams’ finish at the district qualifier. Four students traveled to New Orleans for the competition the weekend of November 18: Patrick Mazzeo, Drummond Koppernaes, Madeline Griffith and Hope Keane.
ExxonMobil Educational Alliance Grants
Beaufort Academy is proud to be the recipient of two $500 ExxonMobil Educational Alliance Grants from Mixson Oil Co, Inc., Tiger Express, and Anderson Oil Co., Inc.
Beaufort Academy Varsity Basketball
Chip Dinkins, the Beaufort Academy varsity basketball coach of 10 years, and his staff Joe Matheny, Chris Conefry and Scott Huebel have intentions of bringing the 2011-2012 Beaufort Academy Varsity Boys Basketball team to the SCISA AA playoffs. After two solid years of rebuilding, the team looks competitive on the floor this season. Led by SCISA All Region 1-AA guard Preston Suber, the Eagles will be “quick and deep” this year. Six seniors return including Mr. Everything, Jack Griffith. Point guard duties will be split between juniors Connor Akers and Charles Sanford. Seniors Michael Bible, Jordan Littleford and Billy Dailey should hold down the post. The team will rely on quick, aggressive defense to create transition opportunities. Rebounding will be a key to the overall success. Junior Finn Koppernaes and the return of Senior Nathan Cheung should round out the rotation adding depth and scoring. The overall goal of this group is a return to the SCISA AA playoffs after a two-year absence. Next home game at Beaufort Academy is December 8, against Charleston Collegiate. Go Eagles!