• Thursday, Jan. 19, Red Cedar Elementary will host its RESPECT Ceremonies: 2nd and 3rd grade’s ceremony is at 9 a.m.; 4th and 5th grade’s ceremony is at 9:45 a.m. PTO will meet in the Art Room at 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 19, Riverview Charter School has its Open House at 6 p.m. Also, a home basketball game at Beaufort Middle School against St. Peter’s. Boys 4 p.m., girls 5 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 19, Books & Blanket Day for Beaufort Elementary.
• Thursday, Jan. 19, Beaufort Academy Homecoming Games vs. Coastal Christian. Games times 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7:30pm. (Spirit Week continues! Thursday—Blue & White, Friday—Dress to Impress)
• Thursday, Jan. 19, SCISA Spelling Bee.
• Friday, Jan. 20, No School.
• Saturday, Jan. 21, is Beaufort Academy’s Annual Thomas H. Horton, Jr. Memorial Golf Tournament at The Sanctuary Golf Club at Cat Island. Four-man Captain’s Choice format. Check-in begins at 10:30 a.m, shot gun start at 12 p.m. Also the Annual Oyster Roast, 5:30 p.m. to midnight at the Cat Island Grill and Pub at the Sanctuary Golf Club. Tickets $30, includes food, live music, silent auction, and beer and wine. Also, Winter Ball, Neon Revolution!
• Monday, Jan. 23, report cards go home for Mossy Oaks, Red Cedar and Beaufort Elementary School students.
• Monday, Jan. 23, science fair data is due to homeroom teacher at Red Cedar Elementary.
• Jan. 23-25, Mossy Oaks Elementary will have its 2nd Session Awards Ceremony: 1/23 first grade 8:30 a.m., Kindergarten 9:30 a.m.; 1/24 second grade 8:30 a.m., third grade 9:30 a.m.; 1/25 fourth grade 8:30 a.m., fifth grade 9:30 a.m.
• Jan. 23-27, Ronald McDonald Care Mobile will be at Beaufort Elementary School and will be eligible to children in Pre-K – 5th who are: enrolled in free or reduced lunch; enrolled in Partners for Healthy Children (Medicaid); in need as identified by their teacher, nurse, social worker or principal.
• Wednesday, Jan. 25, Beaufort Elementary School will have a 1:30 p.m. fundraiser celebration in café.
Presidential election at BRES
Students at Broad River Elementary are learning about the election process by doing one of their own!
Students in 3rd-5th grade listened to speeches and then voted for their favorite candidates for President and Vice President in a primary held last week. This week the finalist were invited to give their speeches during the W-BRES Morning News Show. Students will cast their final vote during the General Election which will be held this Friday.
Nate the Gnat visits St. Peter’s
“Nate the Gnat”, from the Savannah Sand Gnats, recently visited St. Peter’s School encouraging the students to read for enjoyment, through the Savannah Sand Gnats Book Bug Reading Program. As incentives, goals will be set for the students to reach. As they pass by each “base” a prize will be offered, such as a fantastic bookmark, a calendar of Sand Gnats games, and a Sand Gnats Book Bug pencil. As the students reach the “home base goal” they will receive a ticket to a Sand Gnats game in Savannah. The students were eager to begin reaching their goals.
School briefs are compiled by Tess Malijenovsky. To have your school events published, email firstname.lastname@example.org.